This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 27-Apr-2017 02:32 Last Post By: jGromit
jret

Background Image
Posted: 27-Apr-2017 00:27

Click to reply to this thread Reply
After updating to v.43 & rebuilding one of my sites I discovered that the background image was showing in all pages although I had checked Top Level Only in Gromit>Custom>Body Background. I rebuilt it with the "top level only" checked & unchecked with the same result.

I haven't uploaded the updated files yet ... thought I would wait until I heard from you. Thanks.
jGromit

Re: Background Image
Posted: 27-Apr-2017 00:44   in response to: jret in response to: jret
Correct
Attachment slideStyle.inc (1,9 KB)
Attachment dirVars.inc (10,3 KB)
Ah, yes, an interesting little bug! I moved the background image from the <body> tag to the <html> tag, but neglected to fix the inline CSS for it.

It's on the list of fixes for the next release (though there's an interesting related bug that I'm not quite sure how to fix, involving map pages).

In the meantime, to get your album to behave, launch jAlbum and select Gromit. Now open the skin directory - Tools, Open directories, Skin directory - then go to the includes subdirectory, and replace two of the files with the attached versions.
jret

Posted: 27-Apr-2017 01:59   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for the quick reply/solution. Yes, that fixed it & I'm updating the website now.

I really like everything you've added to improve Gromit and I can't even begin to imagine the headaches you've encountered as you've added the additional features. I'm guessing that you no more than solve one headache when you discover you opened three other cans of worms. Ahh ... the price we pay to stay young at heart.

I seem to remember you stating that Gromit was intended to be a reasonably simple skin without a lot of bells & whistles ... wow - I'm impressed with all the nice features you've included. For me Gromit is quite powerful with the ability to customize in so many ways. Thanks again.
jGromit

Posted: 27-Apr-2017 02:32   in response to: jret in response to: jret

It keeps me off the streets. ;)

Even with all the bells and whistles, the page code for a Gromit album is still quite spare. I've managed to do that by not relying on packaged "solutions" to page design, but sticking to hand-coding. I finally had to surrender to jQuery and a "touch-swipe" script for the latest batch of changes - no sense reinventing the wheel, after all.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums