This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Apr-2017 04:12 Last Post By: jGromit
jret

Display question
Posted: 14-Apr-2017 16:44

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Gromit continues to improve ... many, many thanks for that.

I've recently observed a screen display behavior that seems odd. I think it's always been there and not a result of any updates. On my home page I'm using a background image with title bar & thumbnail folders plus the icon link to an infopage. On my computers and iPad the background image behaves as expected on both the home page and infopage. But on my Samsung Android the background image on the home page appears to be zoomed in while the infopage displays as expected. I've played around with some settings and rebuilt the page a few times - even tried looking at the code & CSS but not really sure what I'm looking for. It seems to me that the background image should display the same on both pages. Any ideas?
jGromit

Re: Display question
Posted: 14-Apr-2017 16:59   in response to: jret in response to: jret
Correct
I just did a quick test with a small album with an info page and a background image. In Firefox on my S7, it works perfectly - just like it does on the desktop. But in Chrome on the S7, the background image CSS is ignoring the background-size:cover; attribute. So, the appearance of the background image is heavily dependent upon how much material is on the page. It looks different with different numbers of rows of thumbnails, for example.

I believe I've found the workaround, and I'll incorporate it in the next release, if it doesn't louse up something else.

Try this: head for Gromit > Code > CSS and enter:
html {height:100%;}
Make the album and upload it again. Let me know how that works out.
jret

Posted: 14-Apr-2017 17:42   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Yes, it now displays correctly. Thanks. Seemed easy enough but I would have never figured it out.
jGromit

Posted: 14-Apr-2017 17:59   in response to: jret in response to: jret

It didn't take much hunting to find the workaround, but once I saw it, I thought it rang a bell. The Matrix skin actually had it right already. I should talk to that skin developer once in a while. ;)
jret

Posted: 15-Apr-2017 03:39   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Should I remove the single line of code after the next update is released?
jGromit

Posted: 15-Apr-2017 04:12   in response to: jret in response to: jret

Yes. It wouldn't hurt anything, however - it would just be redundant.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums