This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Feb-2017 20:30 Last Post By: RobM
ctwist

Copy files from the project res directory
Posted: 17-Feb-2017 17:55

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Sometimes a project has some files that need to be copied to the output res directory. These files are "rootImageDirectory\res".
jAlbum does copy some of these files, but it doesn't copy everything. I use this snippet to copy all files. Can this be incorporated into jAlbum? Other skins may find it useful.
   // Copy all files from the project res directory to the output res directory. Don't copy the .jalbum folder.
    try
    {	IO.copyDirectoryContent(new File(rootImageDirectory, "res"), 
    													resDirectory,
    													true, 
    													new FileFilter()
    															{ public boolean accept(File pSrcFile)
    																{ return !pSrcFile.getName().equals(".jalbum");
    																}
    															}
    													);
		}
    catch(IOException e1)
    { throw new RuntimeException(e1);
    }
RobM

Re: Copy files from the project res directory
Posted: 17-Feb-2017 18:19   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

I use that folder to store items I don't want copying to the root output's res folder, so the skin should be able to control copying or not.
ctwist

Posted: 17-Feb-2017 18:22   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

I didn't visualize that.

In that case, there is no point in pursuing this.
RobM

Posted: 17-Feb-2017 19:07   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

I will have to revisit what I did as I can't remember offhand exactly what I did. What lies/folders do you use that aren't automatically copied as I would like to update the help documentation
JeffTucker

Posted: 17-Feb-2017 19:17   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

My quick testing seems to indicate that everything from the project res directory is copied unless it matches the Ignore pattern. So, any file or folder that starts with a "dot" gets left behind. If my Ignore pattern also includes .txt files, for example, those also get left behind.

On top of that, file types that jAlbum doesn't recognize at all can't even be added to the res folder - try adding a .java file, for example.
ctwist

Posted: 17-Feb-2017 19:38   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

A .js file was not copied. Maybe jAlbum assumes that is intended for album generation instead of for album viewing.

There is probably good reason for the current behaviour. It's probably not worth pursuing this.
JeffTucker

Posted: 17-Feb-2017 19:46   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

ctwist wrote:
A .js file was not copied.

Yeah, not listed in filetypes.xml, which sort of confirms my theory. Ditto for .css files.

It's not really that jAlbum refuses to copy them - you actually can't add them to res from within jAlbum. If you try to add them, jAlbum just ignores you!
RobM

Posted: 17-Feb-2017 20:30   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Just to close, for future reference, it turns out that I do use all of the files added to the image directory's res folder. The issue I ran into was certain files added there were not surviving the album build, that is a file intended to replace one from the skin's res folder. I had to replace such files in finally.bsh instead of init.bsh.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums