This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Jan-2017 16:22 Last Post By: AnCa
nigbo

Jalbum slows down iPad? Warning from Apple
Posted: 03-Jan-2017 16:14

Click to reply to this thread Reply
iOS keeps telling me, that the app jAlbum needs an update, it may slow down the iPad. Is this coming?

One more suggestion: the app is great to retrieve my albums, but lacks a sort and search feature. Now it is only sorted by name. A long list to scroll to get something starting with s or w.
Sort by date would be fine.
AnCa

Re: Jalbum slows down iPad? Warning from Apple
Posted: 03-Jan-2017 16:22   in response to: nigbo in response to: nigbo

Click to reply to this thread Reply
nigbo wrote:
iOS keeps telling me, that the app jAlbum needs an update, it may slow down the iPad. Is this coming?
Apples warning message is a bit misleading. The app might run slower that it would if it was compiled as a 64-bit app. But it's not slower that it was before, and it doesn't slow down the rest of the apps in the phone. Apple just want the developers to update their 32-bit apps to 64-bits... Unfortunately we then would also need to change deeper stuff in the app and we currently don't have the resources for that... Sorry...

One more suggestion: the app is great to retrieve my albums, but lacks a sort and search feature. Now it is only sorted by name. A long list to scroll to get something starting with s or w.
Sort by date would be fine.
The albums should be sorted the same way as the albums on your profile page at jalbum.net. Or do you mean something else?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums