This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Jul-2016 16:33 Last Post By: CLOSED_USER
CLOSED_USER

Display of album on mobile devices?
Posted: 11-Jul-2016 13:47

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Dear forum members,
I can see my jAlbum (Skin: Base) on a non-mobile device perfectly but can't when I type the same URL into a mobile one, i.e. phone or tablet. Here, I just get to see the attached screenshot with the info "no images". The URL of my album is: http://saranjai.jalbum.net/World/. Am I missing anything? Thanks for reply and hopefully solution.
Cheers, Eric
jGromit

Re: Display of album on mobile devices?
Posted: 11-Jul-2016 14:45   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER
Helpful
When an album that's hosted on jalbum.net is accessed with a mobile device, the skin is ignored, and the visitor is given an image presentation specially geared to mobiles. But for that to work, the RSS files have to be present, and yours seem to be missing the necessary information.

So, the first step is to go to Settings > Advanced > Metadata and check Generate Media RSS feed. Now under Settings > Advanced > General, make sure you have not checked Process only updated subdirectories. Make the album again, and upload the results.
RobM

Posted: 11-Jul-2016 15:12   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER
Helpful
You could turn off the alternative mobile skin if you want, leaving Base shown on mobile devices. Edit the album settings on jAlbum.net.
That option is off by default if you use a responsive skin.
jGromit

Posted: 11-Jul-2016 15:14   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Yes, that's the other option. But Base is nonresponsive, so OK on an iPad, but maybe not OK on a phone.
RobM

Posted: 11-Jul-2016 15:20   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment image.png (281,4 KB)
jGromit wrote:
Yes, that's the other option. But Base is nonresponsive, so OK on an iPad, but maybe not OK on a phone.
Attached is what I see now on an iPad, seems to be ok.

Edited by: RobM on 11-Jul-2016 14:31
To clarify, the attached is just to show the poster how it looks on an iPad. Looking at albums on a phone is never likely going to be a great experience given the pixel size of modern cameras.
CLOSED_USER

Posted: 11-Jul-2016 16:33   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

Thank you all for your good advice. I will try that in home but I am sure already that both of your hints will work as they sound logical and promising. Cheers, Eric.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums