This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Jun-2016 14:51 Last Post By: jGromit
Jiltdijk2

Download originals
Posted: 01-Jun-2016 13:33

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Dear forum,

I've read some posts regarding this topic, but didn't find the answer I'm looking for.
I've made an album in SimpleViewer, checking 'Link to originals via scaled images' and 'Copy images'. The originals are copied to the folder containing the 'gallery' file and the slides and thumbs folders.
But: The links that jAlbum creates to the originals, are the links to the images on my hard disc, which are, of course, dead links on the server of the web host. How can have jAlbum make a correct link to the originals?

Thanks in advance!
Jilt
jGromit

Re: Download originals
Posted: 01-Jun-2016 13:41   in response to: Jiltdijk2 in response to: Jiltdijk2
Helpful
See my reply in the original thread. Works just fine, without doing any manual fiddling.

I just tested this. I'll leave it up for a few minutes, but will then delete it, since it's just a test album:

(test/demo album removed)
Jiltdijk2

Posted: 01-Jun-2016 14:14   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Where is this original thread?
jGromit

Posted: 01-Jun-2016 14:26   in response to: Jiltdijk2 in response to: Jiltdijk2
Helpful
Um, you started the thread, and you haven't marked it "answered," so you can find it simply by clicking on "Your questions" at the top of the forum. In any event...

http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=51382
Jiltdijk2

Posted: 03-Jun-2016 11:14   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Sorry, I didn't realize you had answered my question in the General section.
Anyway, it does work now, although I didn't change anything..
My reason to post the question was, that right clicking and choosing 'Open in New Screen' gave me the scaled picture instead of the original one..
I presume it has to do with my computer loading an older version of the site, or rather the remote server sending an older version, because I've noticed before that after uploading a website (specifically a jAlbum site) it takes a few hours before this updated site appears on my computer.
jGromit

Posted: 03-Jun-2016 14:51   in response to: Jiltdijk2 in response to: Jiltdijk2

There's no place for new versions of pages or images to "hide" for a few hours. When you upload them to the server, they are available immediately. Servers don't hang on to older versions, not even for a second.

Your browser is caching the older versions. While viewing the page or image, refresh your browser cache by hitting CTRL-F5.

(I would also strongly suggest you install something like Ccleaner - the free version is all you need. Run it regularly - I typically run it whenever I'm getting up from my PC.)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums