This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Apr-2016 13:57 Last Post By: jGromit
tajophotos

complete webpage scalable?
Posted: 20-Apr-2016 13:24

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

is there a way to always fit the proportions of the whole website to the size and the resolution of the viewer/watcher? I use a 4k monitor and when I put everything like I want to see it, the full-HD-viewer will have to scroll alot!

PS: I searched for scaling, but it is always just about the pics but not about the whole site...

Thank you,
Tajo
jGromit

Re: complete webpage scalable?
Posted: 20-Apr-2016 13:57   in response to: tajophotos in response to: tajophotos

Click to reply to this thread Reply
If you're actually using online jAlbum, rather than the regular desktop version of the application, you're dealing with skins that are very old, most of them dating from a time when "responsiveness" wasn't an issue.

In the regular desktop version, some of the newer skins are closer to what you're after, like the well-named Responsive skin. But asking for an entire webpage to be scaled to the size of the monitor is a bit unrealistic. If your album has 100 thumbnails, do you really want all 100 thumbnails to be shown at one time, with no scrolling? Even if that means that, on a laptop for example, each of those thumbnails ends up being only a few pixels tall?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums