This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Jul-2015 09:19 Last Post By: Laza
jshanki

Question on customization
Posted: 30-Jun-2015 05:06

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I am new to Jalbum and trying to get my work around the same, I would like to change the thumbnail (home page) width and height. I was able to change the rows and columns, but don't know how to change the height and width.
Also I would like to add a border to the home page thumb size images. when I tried adding a border through the CSS, seems it is picking up from some variable and not sure where I should set the variable

Any help?

My site: www.shankarsphotography.com

Thanks
Shankara.
jGromit

Re: Question on customization
Posted: 30-Jun-2015 06:40   in response to: jshanki in response to: jshanki

To change the height and width of the thumbnail table, just change the image bounds for the thumbnails under Images > General > Image bounds. You can enter any image bounds you like - you don't have to choose from the choices in the drop-down box.

The CSS for the thumbnail table is a little dense, but you could add borders by going to Base > Advanced > CSS and entering something like:
.thumbs .thumb a img { border: 2px solid red; }
.thumbs .thumb a img:hover { border: 2px solid blue; }
jshanki

Posted: 30-Jun-2015 06:55   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment Picture.png (85,9 KB)
jGromit wrote:
To change the height and width of the thumbnail table, just change the image bounds for the thumbnails under Images > General > Image bounds. You can enter any image bounds you like - you don't have to choose from the choices in the drop-down box.

If I change this - the outer box (folder size) is changing, but the size of the image remains the same, is there a way to increase the size (attached picture).

The change in the CSS worked great - thank you.
Laza

Posted: 30-Jun-2015 11:14   in response to: jshanki in response to: jshanki

Try to Make again. Sometimes jAlbum doesn't immediately regenerates the thumbnails. If it still won't help go to the output directory (Ctrl-Shift-O) and remove the "thumbs" folders (from the subdirectories too).
jshanki

Posted: 30-Jun-2015 15:44   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks -
jshanki

Posted: 30-Jun-2015 15:51   in response to: jshanki in response to: jshanki

Attachment Picture.png (209,6 KB)
When I did all the changes I had one more problem, please see attached.

The thumbnail on the view page is all distorted - I tried removing all the settings and CSS and back again, but did not work. I am not sure if this because of the Image changes or the CSS changes. Since I created a new skin based on the 'Base' skin, I removed all the files and tried to recreate the same, but still same issue happens.

Edited by: jshanki on 30-Jun-2015 15:51
Laza

Posted: 14-Jul-2015 09:19   in response to: jshanki in response to: jshanki

This usually happens when jAlbum doesn't regenerate the thumbnails, but tells the skin it did. Go to the output folder and delete all the "thumbs" folders (even in the subfolders).
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums