This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 28-May-2015 21:28 Last Post By: FrenchFrog
FrenchFrog

Galleria not displaying properly on iphone / ipad
Posted: 28-May-2015 18:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,
The slide show gallery (Galleria) I am using on a website page I am preparing is not displaying in the centre of the panel when I look at it on iphone / ipad but it displays properly on mac or pc.
Is there anything I could adjust to make it look better on iphone/ipad please?

Here's the link to the page I'm working on:
http://www.gumdropsandlollipops.co.uk/index3.html

I have purposely called this page 'index3.html as it is not yet 'live' - the index.html page is just a holding page until all other are finalised / approved by client.

Many thanks
RobM

Re: Galleria not displaying properly on iphone / ipad
Posted: 28-May-2015 19:38   in response to: FrenchFrog in response to: FrenchFrog
Helpful
FrenchFrog wrote:
Is there anything I could adjust to make it look better on iphone/ipad please?
Here's the link to the page I'm working on:
http://www.gumdropsandlollipops.co.uk/index3.html
You seem to have an iframe within a set of nested tables, so adjusting a table attribute would seem to be what is needed. So it doesn't look like a problem with the skin, just the page layout that the album is embedded in.
jGromit

Posted: 28-May-2015 19:41   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Helpful
The browsers in mobile devices are notorious for having problems showing content in iframes. That may be what he's seeing here.

The thought that occurs to me, however, is that this is kind of using a sledgehammer to kill a fly. If you just want a little slideshow in a box on your home page, there's really no need for a full-blown jAlbum production to do it. Google for automatic html slideshow, and you'll find lots of links, like this, which uses jQuery: https://css-tricks.com/snippets/jquery/simple-auto-playing-slideshow/
FrenchFrog

Posted: 28-May-2015 21:26   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Many thanks for reply. Yes, you must be right, it must be all the 'tables within tables' creating the issue.
I'll have to review the page.
Thank you.
FrenchFrog

Posted: 28-May-2015 21:28   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you again, jGromit. I will look at what you're suggesting as it makes good sense.
Kind regards
D.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums