This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 22-May-2015 01:55 Last Post By: jGromit
joemamas

How can I download images from slides
Posted: 21-May-2015 20:59

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I cannot grab an image from a webpage. Is there a way to disable the slide protection? Is there a setting to change so I can easily share images from a web page by pulling them off the page rather than having to right-click to save as, etc?

Edited by: joemamas on 21-May-2015 11:59
jGromit

Re: How can I download images from slides
Posted: 21-May-2015 21:07   in response to: joemamas in response to: joemamas

There is no image protection in Base. You can always right-click and save the slide image.

Even if you put a "download" link on the page, that would just open the image in a new tab, and the visitor would still have to right-click and choose "save image...."

I'm not sure what you mean by "share images from a web page."
RobM

Posted: 21-May-2015 22:07   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "share images from a web page."
Is it possible that the skin being used is actually Photoblogger and not Base?
Photoblogger uses a lightbox and when clicking on an image you cannot 'drag' it to your desktop. The last album uploaded uses Photoblogger.
joemamas

Posted: 21-May-2015 23:26   in response to: joemamas in response to: joemamas

what I mean is that from most webpages I can usually left-click and drag an image to the desktop. With Base build websites I cannot left-click and drag and drag. The only option is to use right-click and then 'save as'

I believe that this might be due to the on screen navigation for slides. However this disables click and drag to desktop. In my opinion even opening a sub-window with the image in it without any html would be superior than having to inform the user how to keep and image via 'save as' right-clicking and then typing the destination.

by 'download all' I was referring to the method used in Turtle skin as a .sit archive.
jGromit

Posted: 22-May-2015 01:55   in response to: joemamas in response to: joemamas

joemamas wrote:
what I mean is that from most webpages I can usually left-click and drag an image to the desktop.

Confession time. In over 40 years in the computer biz, I have never done that, probably because I always have my windows maximized. In fact, I wasn't even aware that was possible!

I believe that this might be due to the on screen navigation for slides.

Exactly. If you really, really want to disable the on-screen navigation, I can tell you how to hack the skin code to do that. But I would regard that as a lousy trade-off. I may be totally wrong about this, but I suspect that most site visitors know all about right-clicking and saving.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums