This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-May-2015 18:34 Last Post By: FrenchFrog
FrenchFrog

Galleria-Help with THUMBNAILS
Posted: 13-May-2015 17:39

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello
This could be a couple of very silly questions... but I'd be most grateful to get some help:
Question 1: I'm using GALLERIA (love it as easy and very effective in its visual simplicity). Is there any way I could delete (ie not show) the whole thumbnails strip to just end up with the slideshow based on only the large images?
Question 2: If not showing thumbnails is not an option, how could I move them below the large image (I did see a thread to this question but couldnt open the attachment).
Many thanks & kind regards from sunny south coast in the UK.
jGromit

Re: Galleria-Help with THUMBNAILS
Posted: 13-May-2015 18:05   in response to: FrenchFrog in response to: FrenchFrog
Correct
If you want to get rid of the thumbnails, the easiest way (IMO) is to open the skin directory - Tools, Open directories, Skin directory - edit the common.css file, and add these lines to the end of it:
#scroller_container {
	display: none;
}
FrenchFrog

Posted: 13-May-2015 18:28   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

WOW Such a quick and clear reply !! Just brilliant, and I even managed to make it work... Thank you ever so much. Cheers
jGromit

Posted: 13-May-2015 18:29   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Helpful
The other option, of course, is to switch to a skin that is more up-to-date, and that has built-in ways of doing what you want. Galleria presents fixed-size images, which means that a visitor with a large monitor gets images that are too small, while a visitor with a small monitor may get images that are too large (yielding scrollbars). It's also using a 15-year-old DOCTYPE, and is virtually unsupported.

A quick demo of MatrixSlide, stripped down for a very clean display:

http://jgromit.jalbum.net/cleanMS/

The images adapt to the size of the viewport. You can have a thumbstrip if you like, top or bottom, you can show captions if you like, etc., etc., all without needing to hack the skin's templates.
FrenchFrog

Posted: 13-May-2015 18:34   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you for highlighting this. I will have a look at other skin. I know Galleria is an older type but I'm used to it and I really like it. Anyway, perhaps time for me to update a little and learn to master a new one...
Thank you for your valuable support and for explaining things in a simple manner.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums