This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-May-2015 08:51 Last Post By: da-vid
AndreWolff

Why is my recent album not in the list of recent albums?
Posted: 10-Nov-2014 11:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I see on page http://jalbum.net/en/explore/recent/1 a list of recentelijk published albums.
I did upload a new album: http://andrewolff.jalbum.net/Grimberg/

Why is that album not in that list?
JeffTucker

Re: Why is my recent album not in the list of recent albums?
Posted: 10-Nov-2014 12:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Correct
Attachment ss001103.png (39.5 KB)
Now, because of a change, you have to "share" your album after you publish it. It won't automatically show up on the "recent albums" list, nor will your followers automatically be notified.

See screenshot.
AndreWolff

Posted: 10-Nov-2014 16:11   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks for your quick reply, jGromit. Yes indeed, nobody told me that I had to do that.

The title of my latest album was 'Wandeling rond Grimberg' and although I did not share this album as you said, I and I assume everybody could find it by searching for 'Grimberg'! And as far as I know everybody can see the non-private albums on my jAlbum page.

So why am I forced to hit a Share link for an album which is public and is visible for everybody on Internet?
JeffTucker

Posted: 10-Nov-2014 17:02   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Because most users didn't want jAlbum to automatically publicize their albums, or to send out notifications to their followers every time they changed a caption on one image in a 400-image album. They wanted to have more control over what they share, and what they don't.
RobM

Posted: 10-Nov-2014 17:24   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply, jGromit. Yes indeed, nobody told me that I had to do that.
I think it was in the release notes for version 12.0
AnCa

Posted: 10-Nov-2014 17:27   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
I think it was in the release notes for version 12.0
Yes, you are correct:
New "Share" panel to simplify sharing albums via different social networks. jAlbum's sharing is now opt-in, i.e. you have to click the frog to share an album with jAlbum followers and in the http://jalbum.net/explore/recent section
da-vid

Posted: 04-May-2015 14:27   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Hello,
is there a way to share an album on the jAlbum website after it has been uploaded? Should the album have to be uploaded again after setting the share option? I cannot find a jAlbum website share option when managing my albums from my account on the jAlbum website.
Many thanks for any input!
AnCa

Posted: 04-May-2015 14:37   in response to: da-vid in response to: da-vid

You have to "share" it using the jAlbum client, as jGromit describes in the second post in this thread.
da-vid

Posted: 08-May-2015 08:51   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

Hi Anca,
Sorry for the delay.
It makes sense. Maybe some kind of reminder about sharing would be useful for newbies, just after the upload has completed?
Thank you very much!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums