This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0 - Pages: 1
allenfraser

problems updating website when using new jAlbum/BananAlblum
Posted: 22-Apr-2015 20:14

Click to reply to this thread Reply
An awkward question to describe in the subject line but...

I had an old website built with jAlbum - BananAlbum combo from a few generations back.

Some years ago I updated the site and specifically made a point to NOT upgrade either the software OR the skin. The older versions did exactly what I needed and the newer versions gave me trouble so I stuck with what worked.

Fast forward and I'm trying to update the site again but the old software no longer works on my newer computer so I've had to go with the latest JAlbum 12.6 and BananAlbum 6.2.6

Unfortunately I've got problems that I had previously avoided by using the old software.

At this point I have resolved all but two items and am looking for help...

A sample from the original site that works the way I want...

http://fraserimages.com/StillsAlbum/index.html

The same page from the new software combo that has a couple of significant issues...

http://fraserimages.com/test/StillsAlbum/

The two differences:

1. The text is to small and I can't figure out how to make it bigger.

2. The original page automatically loads the first gallery listed in the menu. I want this to happen but can't get it to load in the new version.

Can anybody help? It would sure be appreciated.

P.S. I've manually edited some settings in the "settings.xml" file that seemed possibly relevant but have really only had bad and unexpected things happen as a result. eg. The comment text to the right of the image shifts to an entirely different part of the screen for no discernible reason. Probably a good example of having just enough knowledge to be dangerous.

Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums