This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09-Jan-2015 15:47 Last Post By: jGromit
webmeister

Arrows not working properly in Galleria
Posted: 08-Jan-2015 18:15

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment galleria.css (5,2 KB)
Attachment index.htt (3,6 KB)
I have adapted the design of the Galleria skin and made it responsive. Unfortunately, the navigation arrows for the thumbnails are not working properly.

See http://www.michiellust.nl/galleria-ml/ The arrows work fine the first few times I click them and then they stop working.

I have mostly made changes in CSS and just a small change in index.htt: I moved the arrow code around but I didn't change the code itself.

galleria.css and index.htt are attached. It would be nice if anyone could point me to a solution.

TIA
Michiel
jGromit

Re: Arrows not working properly in Galleria
Posted: 08-Jan-2015 18:46   in response to: webmeister in response to: webmeister

Not sure what this means, but the problems occurs whenever you hit the "back" arrow - as long as you keep moving forward, it's OK. Once you hit "back," the arrows stop working.

When you click the "back" arrow, the browser console shows an error in jquery.js:

TypeError: U is null
jGromit

Posted: 08-Jan-2015 21:27   in response to: webmeister in response to: webmeister

The problem appears to be that you've placed the code for the arrows within the image-scroller div:

<div id="image_scroller">

They need to be within the scroller-container div that wraps it, instead:

<div id="scroller_container">
webmeister

Posted: 09-Jan-2015 15:27   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment index.htt (3,4 KB)
Thx Gromit, for your speedy reply.

I have replaced my index.htt with the original file. http://www.michiellust.nl/galleria-ml/

The layout is wrong now but the arrows still behave the same...

The present index.htt is attached
jGromit

Posted: 09-Jan-2015 15:46   in response to: webmeister in response to: webmeister

I don't really know what you're trying to accomplish with your customization, and I don't know what changes you've made, where, and why, so I don't think I can be of much help. On top of that, Kristoffer is no longer with jAlbum, and doesn't respond to any requests for help.

If you just want a skin that will display your images with a thumbstrip, and will be responsive to the viewport size, there are other options out there that you can use without doing any customizing. A quick demo, using MatrixSlide:

http://jgromit.jalbum.net/respWithThumbs/

Resize the browser window to see what happens. The main image doesn't resize "live," but as soon as you move to the next or previous image, the main image adapts to the new viewport size.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums