This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 02-Jan-2015 09:07 Last Post By: vakdad
CLOSED_USER

IPad App Access to Album
Posted: 02-Mar-2011 19:45

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have created an online album & want others who have downloaded the jAlbum iPad app to see it. I can see the album when I'm logged into my account from the app but don't know how to find it when I'm not logged in, or how to tell others to find it.
AnCa

Re: IPad App Access to Album
Posted: 02-Mar-2011 20:56   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

It is the hidden album you are talking about?
If it's hidden, then it's hidden...

If it weren't hidden users could use the search function in the app to either search on your username or the album name to find it. (Unfortunately you seem not to have made it to our search index yet, so searching you username doesn't work yet, but it will shortly.)

In the app you can use the share function to spread the link to other users, but they then have to use an odrinary browser to view it (or use the Safari browser in the iPad). There is currently no way of opening such link in our app.

If you give the link to a registered jAlbum-user, that user can "like" the album (using a browser) and if that user then signs in in our app, that album will be visible in their list of liked albums.
vakdad

Re: IPad App Access to Album
Posted: 02-Jan-2015 09:07   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

I think it would not be too difficult to add this function to the app-- just have an "open link" tab to allow people to access links to hidden albums when they have the exact address.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums