This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 02-Oct-2014 16:03 Last Post By: jGromit
RogerC

Can my album viewers add photos to my albums?
Posted: 23-Apr-2007 06:42

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Is it possible to add the ability for viewers to add their own photos to my album on the web?

Message was edited by: RogerC
holbar

Re: Can my album viewers add photos to my albums?
Posted: 02-Oct-2014 15:31   in response to: RogerC in response to: RogerC

I have the same question!

I will open up a new Album with some photos and I'm searching for the best way that some other viewers can add their own photos when they have some!
That would save me a lot of time and give people the direct way to publish their pictures without the long way over me.
Is it possible with jablum?
and if it is not possible with jalbum, can you give me an hint which way I can achive my goal?

Thanks a lot.
jGromit

Re: Can my album viewers add photos to my albums?
Posted: 02-Oct-2014 16:03   in response to: holbar in response to: holbar

Not possible with jAlbum. jAlbum is purely client-side. You choose images from your PC, make an album with them, then upload the album. On the server side, the server simply presents the album pages to the visitor - there's no server-side processing involved, so your visitors can't change the album in any way (nor can you - if you want to change it, you need to make the changes on your PC, then upload the new version of the album).

Not sure what else to suggest - allowing site visitors to change the content of a site is usually a minefield of problems.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums