This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Dec-2013 11:47 Last Post By: rogerday
rogerday

thumbnail shape
Posted: 15-Dec-2013 13:09

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Is it possible to show the whole image in the thumbnails rather than having either length or width cropped? Can you direct me to the where the script is that determines relative size of thumbnail image and container etc?

Thanks

Edited by: rogerday on 15-Dec-2013 13:10
jGromit

Re: thumbnail shape
Posted: 15-Dec-2013 13:21   in response to: rogerday in response to: rogerday

Album > Settings > lightBoxes > Image Filter Settings and Watermark > Crop Thumbs to fixed shape.

The maximum size of the thumbnail image is determined by the jAlbum image bounds: Album > Settings > Images > General > Image bounds > Thumbnails.
rogerday

Posted: 15-Dec-2013 14:28   in response to: rogerday in response to: rogerday

Thanks for such a quick reply. I was looking in the wrong place!
rogerday

Posted: 15-Dec-2013 19:18   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Having unchecked "Crop Thumbs to fixed shape" thumbnails display the whole image, which I like, but portrait format thumbs now appear much larger than landscape thumbs, even though I've set image bounds for thumbnails to 124x124

Can this be fixed?

RD
jGromit

Posted: 15-Dec-2013 19:39   in response to: rogerday in response to: rogerday
Helpful
This is a peculiarity of this particular skin. Try almost any other skin, and you won't see this odd effect. In short, the skin is ignoring the image bounds. The thumbnails created by the jAlbum core program are obeying the image bounds, but the skin is showing the portrait image thumbnails larger than they really are.

I'll have to leave it to drmikey to explain why that is.
drmikey

Posted: 15-Dec-2013 22:25   in response to: rogerday in response to: rogerday

How about a link? I just made a gallery with your settings and the thumbs are as they should be. Did you "Make all" ? I don't have any code that bypasses the thumb image sizes but if is a bug with a certain setting, I can certainly fix it. The images are loaded by ajax, so that can be an issue in some cases.
jGromit

Posted: 15-Dec-2013 22:38   in response to: drmikey in response to: drmikey

Here ya' go:

(demo album removed)

Default settings, but with "Crop Thumbs to fixed shape" turned off. Thumbnail image bounds are 150x150, but that Brunel thumbnail is being displayed at 150x222. The actual thumbnail in the output directory is 103x150.
drmikey

Posted: 15-Dec-2013 23:17   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks! I'll take a look and see why that is happening. May be from JavaScript manipulation. I'll see if I can fix it.
rogerday

Posted: 15-Dec-2013 23:27   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Here's my link: http://www.rogerdayphotography.com/Test/index.html

Select any of the 3 galleries and all portrait style thumbs are larger than my jalbum setting of 124x124
drmikey

Posted: 16-Dec-2013 05:36   in response to: rogerday in response to: rogerday

See if this version fixes your issues. Lightboxes 7.5b
jGromit

Posted: 16-Dec-2013 06:28   in response to: drmikey in response to: drmikey

Attachment ss000646.png (117,8 KB)
Attachment ss000647.png (119,8 KB)
Attachment ss000648.png (117,6 KB)
Definitely an improvement. With the default settings (white thumbnail background), it creates the illusion that the thumbnail isn't centered in its box (ss000646). But that is, in fact, just an illusion - with a different colored background, the truth emerges (ss000647). The best "look" seems to come from the elimination of the shadow on the thumbnail box (ss000648). It might be better with a box-shadow on all four sides.

Ideally, the thumbnail box should be sized to fit the thumbnail image, without any excess padding around the image, but I can sort of "feel" why that might be very difficult to do, given the underlying script. You'd probably have to create boxes within boxes, where the outer box would be invisible, but always a fixed width (to satisfy the needs of the script), and only the inner box would be visible, and would conform to the thumbnail image dimensions. Messy, to say the least. ;)
drmikey

Posted: 16-Dec-2013 07:16   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I was just working on the thumb sizes and alignment at this point. The other issues, especially the shadow and background were secondary and will actually be fairly easy to fix, since the shadow is javascript on the item container. .I just need to change the selector and a few other tweaks for that issue to disappear. Hence, the "b" moniker! The actual issue was related to a mistake in setting a maxThumbHeight rather than thumbHeight. Changing it just opened a few other issues that need updating. Thanks for your input
rogerday

Posted: 16-Dec-2013 10:24   in response to: drmikey in response to: drmikey

Thanks for changes, much better

RD

Edited by: rogerday on 16-Dec-2013 11:46
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums