This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26-Sep-2013 15:18 Last Post By: drmikey
AV8NLVR

Confused About Thumbnails
Posted: 25-Sep-2013 09:31

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I'm new to this skin and am having trouble figuring out several things. Here's a sample gallery I created: http://flightlineaviationmedia.com/wp-content/gallery/IAH%20Airport%20-%20Lightboxes/#.UkKO2KyiKd5

I wanted to show the labels under the thumb, but how can I make the thumbnail box smaller in height to get rid of the dead space? Under images-image bounds I have 160x160 for the thumb but there is no option to maybe go 160x130. What field is the label populated from? One picture has 2 rows but that causes the box to increase in height, throwing off the grid. Is there a way to maybe change the font size of the label or line spacing? Is it possible to change the shadow on the thumbnail box?
drmikey

Re: Confused About Thumbnails
Posted: 25-Sep-2013 15:29   in response to: AV8NLVR in response to: AV8NLVR

You can set the image bounds of the thumbnails to any size you want, just type 160x130, but you can't set individual thumb size, i.e. a different size for each thumbnail, in Jalbum. The caption is from Jalbum's label variable (Base name (without extension) of file ). FYI, you have the option for labels to show on hover instead of under the thumbnail, eliminating the concerns about spacing in most cases.
All the questions concerning changing font size, padding and margin are set in the CSS but even changing the size of the font will not help you if you have 2 or 3 lines in one caption and 1 line in the rest, the area will need to expand to fit the text in the image container. I'm not sure what you want to do with the shadow. You can disable it and change the color of it in preferences.

Working on version 8…..
AV8NLVR

Posted: 26-Sep-2013 06:57   in response to: drmikey in response to: drmikey

I can't change the size of the thumb bounds. I typed in a number under the "images" tab, under "image bounds". It doesn't change.

Edited by: AV8NLVR on 25-Sep-2013 23:58
drmikey

Posted: 26-Sep-2013 07:08   in response to: AV8NLVR in response to: AV8NLVR

Image bounds are set in Jalbum, not by Lightboxes. When you change the size of either thumbs or Images, save your project and then "Make all" and it should work.
AV8NLVR

Posted: 26-Sep-2013 07:31   in response to: drmikey in response to: drmikey

Attachment screenshot_0926.jpg (165,7 KB)
Its not working. I can choose from any of the sizes in the drop down menu - 90x90, 160x160,124x124,160x160,180x180, 240x240. It won't accept any other number input.

Here is a screenshot of the settings panel.

Edited by: AV8NLVR on 26-Sep-2013 00:35
drmikey

Posted: 26-Sep-2013 07:39   in response to: AV8NLVR in response to: AV8NLVR

You will need to ask Jalbum developers about this issue. Lightboxes does not prevent thumbnail or images sizes from being changed. That is a setting controlled by Jalbum, not the skin. You can try deleting the hints.jap file in the skin folder and then save your thumb size settings.
AV8NLVR

Posted: 26-Sep-2013 08:56   in response to: drmikey in response to: drmikey

I tested this out with another skin I have, the Matrix skin. I went to the same setting and set a different thumbnail size, and that gallery changed.

I tried what you said, deleting the hints file. Then I went back to Lightbox and if I adjust the vertical bounds it does not take, but if I adjust the horizontal to a number not in the list then it takes. Its almost like it won't let me just do vertical which would have the effect of getting rid of the white space under the image. Like its trying to maintain the aspect ratio? Can I turn off maintain aspect ratio?
drmikey

Posted: 26-Sep-2013 15:18   in response to: AV8NLVR in response to: AV8NLVR

The white space being present has nothing to do with the thumbnail size, it is related to the caption settings. If you have captions set to show under the image, there will be a space for the caption. The thumbs can be set or unset to fixed shape under "Image Filter Settings and Watermark" but actual size of the images is set in Jalbum, not lightboxes.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums