This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 27-Nov-2012 18:54 Last Post By: Mickey66
hutaylor

Updated Adobe Flash Player, pictures won’t display in Firefox/Chrome
Posted: 11-Nov-2012 03:44

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi, I just updated to the newest Adobe Flash Player, version 11.5.502.110 and now my photos won’t display properly in Fotoplayer using Firefox and Chrome, but looks fine in Explorer. I checked using my old computer with an older version of Flash Player, same problem occurred when I updated to the new version. What am I going to do? All my visitors will encounter same problem too, when they update. The photos won’t load, it skips some or most of the photos, depending on which of the two browsers I try. I hope someone has a good solution to come up with!

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Helene
http://www.graphicality.co.uk/gardening2012/album2/garden_photos_2012_2.htm
jGromit

Re: Updated Adobe Flash Player, pictures won’t display in Firefox/Chrome
Posted: 11-Nov-2012 06:05   in response to: hutaylor in response to: hutaylor
Helpful
It doesn't work in IE9, either, if you install the newest version of Flash for that browser (Flash updates have to be installed separately for Firefox and IE9 - Chrome comes with its own, and get updated whenever Chrome updates itself). The effects are quite different in each browser, and are almost random. In IE9, for example, you'll sometimes get a caption with no image, but if you go back one image, then forward again, the image appears.

I would strongly suggest you contact the FotoPlayer developer directly on his own website about this.
hutaylor

Posted: 20-Nov-2012 04:04   in response to: hutaylor in response to: hutaylor

Hi all, I sent an email to Dhina on 11th November, asking about the viewing problems we all have experienced. I have 6 albums with a total of 384 photos all made with the free version of Fotoplayer, every single one of them with caption text. The rather unhelpful reply from the developer was that I had to download the most recent Fotoplayer skin, rebuild all my photo albums and republish them again!!

This is going to be a huge job, I no longer have any of the Jalbum files, I do however have all the original photos, but will have to sit and write all the caption text all over again.....just because Flash updated their plugin...so, what’s going to happen with next update, will I have to do it all over again?
Apparently, if I had been a licensed user, I could have downloaded a file to put in the ‘res’ folder on my server, but no one seems to be able or willing to provide that file to the free version users. I have now 6 albums on my website which are of no use to any of my visitors.

Needless to say, I am now looking for a new and better, more reliable web album, but I still need all my current albums to work. If any of you can come up with a better, quicker solution than the developer has given me, please let me know,
I will be very grateful :-)

Here are my 4 albums for 2011: http://www.graphicality.co.uk/gardening2011/garden2011.htm

Many thanks,
Kind regards.
Helene

PS: I have posted this response twice, on my own original question of 11th November 2012, and on irena88’s question from 16th November 2012. I thought it would be useful to have this both places as it is the same issue.
jGromit

Posted: 20-Nov-2012 05:40   in response to: hutaylor in response to: hutaylor

hutaylor wrote:
I no longer have any of the Jalbum files, I do however have all the original photos, but will have to sit and write all the caption text all over again.....just because Flash updated their plugin...so, what’s going to happen with next update, will I have to do it all over again?

Not if you learn the lesson, and save the project files. In effect, you have baked a cake, then thrown out the recipe card, and most of the remaining flour, eggs, sugar, butter, and so on. That makes it rather difficult to bake the same cake again.

It isn't just Flash that changes. Browsers change, too, so you never know when you're going to need to rebuild an album, using a newer version of the skin. No matter what skin you end up using, don't delete the project files.

Apparently, if I had been a licensed user, I could have downloaded a file to put in the ‘res’ folder on my server, but no one seems to be able or willing to provide that file to the free version users.

Well, it is labeled "trial version," so it's hard to argue that the developer should provide free support for it.
jGromit

Posted: 20-Nov-2012 05:46   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

The updated skin is available here: http://jalbum.net/en/skins/skin/FotoPlayer. It contains the new files needed to accommodate the new Flash plugin.
hutaylor

Posted: 24-Nov-2012 21:19   in response to: hutaylor in response to: hutaylor

Thanks for your reply EarlyOut,
Not sure if you’ve actually grasped the issue here, all I needed was the updated files to put in the res folder of each of the 6 albums.
I downloaded the new skin version and found the files updated November 2012 and have now overwritten them in the res folder in all albums on my HDD and online server. That should have been the advice from the developer, not to start from scratch...

Helene
jGromit

Posted: 24-Nov-2012 21:27   in response to: hutaylor in response to: hutaylor

No, I understood completely. jAlbum does not hold a lot of mysteries for me.

I was simply responding to your remark about using the routine to import settings from a published album. That's a relatively new feature, and requires some specific actions on your part.
Mickey66

Posted: 27-Nov-2012 18:54   in response to: hutaylor in response to: hutaylor

The same. My fotoplayer (v4.1.15) album http://sydor.net.pl/album/index.html doesn't work correct after apdating Adobe Flash Player to v11.5.502.1. Thumbnails are loading, but main photos are not.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums