This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 14 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Nov-2012 21:03 Last Post By: jGromit
irena88

Problem Viewing PhotoPlayer v4.1 albums
Posted: 11-Nov-2012 09:28

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,
I am presenting my paintings as photo slides at my website (www.elinorart.com/_Oil_paintings.htm) using photoplayer album (PhotoPlayer v4.1 skin, generated using Jalbum 10).
Lately i have noticed that there is a problem: the preview images (the small images) are just fine, but once you click on them, the big image does not show up, it looks as if it is loading but nothing appears.
I tried to see if it is an explorer problem so i viewed the website trough google chrome and IE and still the same problem.
I tried from 3 different computers, all experiencing the same problem.
I also viewed the demo of PhotoPlayer v4.1 skin on its site: www.fotoplayer.com/v4/index.html and it has the same problem.
I have flash 11,5,31,2 installed.
Is it a global problam? Does any of you experiencing it too?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely yours,
Irena Dorfman

jGromit

Re: Problem Viewing PhotoPlayer v4.1 albums
Posted: 11-Nov-2012 13:53   in response to: irena88 in response to: irena88

See the two threads immediately below yours.
irena88

Posted: 12-Nov-2012 09:09   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you for your reply, I have read the threads you mentioned,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that if my flash player got updated (happens automatically in my computer) I won't be able to see the web site properly, and so is anyone who enters my website with an updated flash player version.
Even if I uninstall the current version of flash and go back to the previous one, it helps only me, everyone else who have not done the same actions and their flash player got updated automatically (-happens in most of the commuters) won't be able to see the slideshow.

Is there any solution to that?

Edited by: irena88 on 12-Nov-2012 09:11
jGromit

Posted: 12-Nov-2012 12:42   in response to: irena88 in response to: irena88

That's correct - any site visitor with the newest version of Flash is going to have problems viewing your album. You should contact the FotoPlayer developer directly, on his own website - no one else will be able to address this problem.
irena88

Posted: 13-Nov-2012 08:24   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Unfortunately the Email I sent him few days ago keeps notifying me of an error at the recipient side.
I will try to contact him again.

Thank you so much for your help :)
irena88

Posted: 13-Nov-2012 09:30   in response to: irena88 in response to: irena88

Attachment fotoplayerpro.swf (258,9 KB)
He answered me today (I probably wrote his email wrong the first time) it was very helpful so I thought to share it:

"It's an issue with the new flash player that's causing the problem. I've updated the skin at jalbum skins repository.
Quick fix:
Upload the attached fotoplayerpro.swf to your site album 'res' folder. Clear browser cache and check."

now my album works just fine :)
Hope this will help those who had the same issues...
goetz47

Posted: 13-Nov-2012 17:53   in response to: irena88 in response to: irena88

Thank you for communicating your successful efforts! I have the same problem with V.4.0. I have inserted the "fotoplayerpro.swf" (which by the way is next to "fotoplayerlite.swf" in the same folder). But the problem isn't fully eliminated. It appears considerably more seldom, but from time to time it does. (Firefox 10.0.10)

Edited by: goetz47 on 13-Nov-2012 17:54
danamel

Posted: 13-Nov-2012 21:58   in response to: goetz47 in response to: goetz47

Here are the explanations on its website Dhina http://www.fotoplayer.com/users/ for licensed

Date: 11/11/2012
Recent Flash player version 11.5 r502 (for Chrome: 11.5.31.101) released around 8th Nov 2012 was causing Slide image loading problem. Some slides may load on random. Issue fixed now. Modified files: res/fotoplayerlite.swf , res/fotoplayerpro.swf and res/javascript.js.
Steps:

Step 1: Download fotoplayerlite.swf from here , extract swf from the zip and copy it V4.1 skin "res" folder. To open skin directory, use "Edit Skin Template" button in JAlbum FotoPlayer skin settings tab.

Step 2: Download javascript.js from here, extract the .js from the zip and copy it to the same V4.1 skin "res" folder where swf file exists

NOTE:
1. Steps are similar for Lightroom plugin also. Instead of jAlbum FotoPlayer_v4.1 skin 'res' folder, you'll be copying the files to Lightroom 'fotoplayer' plugin 'res' folder.
2. For already published albums, upload the new version of the .swf and .js file to your site album's res folder. Clear browser cache.

lucas99

Posted: 16-Nov-2012 00:13   in response to: danamel in response to: danamel

Danamel, thanks a lot for citing the solution from Dhinakar.
BUT, what about all non registered user? on his website the latest free version to download is still with the older version of the 2 above mentioned files...

Best regards. Lucas

PS: Flash is a good technology, still Adobe seems not be able to deal properly with compatibility and older versions.
Anyone knows a web gallery with music not based on Flash? Something that stays there and is seen from everybody, no matter how new is the browser version.
kelemvor

Posted: 16-Nov-2012 17:04   in response to: lucas99 in response to: lucas99

Lucas99: FotoSlides is exactly what you are asking for. It's very similar to Fotoplayer but HTML5 instead of flash. A few of the features of FotoPlayer are not available but all the basics are there, including slideshow with music.
hutaylor

Posted: 20-Nov-2012 04:03   in response to: irena88 in response to: irena88

Hi all, I sent an email to Dhina on 11th November, asking about the viewing problems we all have experienced. I have 6 albums with a total of 384 photos all made with the free version of Fotoplayer, every single one of them with caption text. The rather unhelpful reply from the developer was that I had to download the most recent Fotoplayer skin, rebuild all my photo albums and republish them again!!

This is going to be a huge job, I no longer have any of the Jalbum files, I do however have all the original photos, but will have to sit and write all the caption text all over again.....just because Flash updated their plugin...so, what’s going to happen with next update, will I have to do it all over again?
Apparently, if I had been a licensed user, I could have downloaded a file to put in the ‘res’ folder on my server, but no one seems to be able or willing to provide that file to the free version users. I have now 6 albums on my website which are of no use to any of my visitors.

Needless to say, I am now looking for a new and better, more reliable web album, but I still need all my current albums to work. If any of you can come up with a better, quicker solution than the developer has given me, please let me know,
I will be very grateful :-)

Here are my 4 albums for 2011: http://www.graphicality.co.uk/gardening2011/garden2011.htm

Many thanks,
Kind regards.
Helene

PS: I have posted this response twice, on my own original question of 11th November 2012, and on irena88’s question from 16th November 2012. I thought it would be useful to have this both places as it is the same issue.
lucas99

Posted: 21-Nov-2012 11:06   in response to: hutaylor in response to: hutaylor

Hello Helene,
I think I found a solution for your problem.
Install he latest fotoplayer skin
select any gallery, an old gallery will also do
select fotoplayer skin
go to Tools:Open Directories:Skin Directory
that opens the skins folder (located under JAlbum folder)
provided you selected the fotoplayer skin, you can now see 2 folders: Fotoplayer and Fotoslides (it´s the same author)
go to fotoplayer folder and find the subfolder res
locate the following 3 files:
fotoplayerlite.swf
fotoplayerpro.swf
javascript.js
copy the files and overwrite the corresponding files of your older galleries made with fotoplayer
clear the browser cache
view the gallery.

Attached you find a screenshot, where you can notice that the above mentioned files are the recent version (new creation date) and they then should work with the latest Flash plugin.
Greetings
Lucas

Edited by: lucas99 on 21-Nov-2012 12:39
lucas99

Posted: 21-Nov-2012 11:12   in response to: kelemvor in response to: kelemvor

Hello Kelemvor,
thanks for your suggestion, I will definitely publish my next galleries with fotoslides, it´s almost the same as fotoplayer and has the music option as well.
By the way, I think I found the solution for my older fotoplayer galleries, see post above.
greetings
lucas

Edited by: lucas99 on 21-Nov-2012 12:39
hutaylor

Posted: 24-Nov-2012 21:00   in response to: irena88 in response to: irena88

Hello Lucas
Thank you so much for solving my problem and saving me from endless hours of work! It took me 5 minutes to overwrite the files in the 6 albums on my computer and then upload the same files to the corresponding folders on the server. Great!
By the way, I didn’t understand what you meant with ‘select any gallery, an old gallery will also do’ ...you can only <open> an album project, providing you still got the project files – which I no longer have. Or, you can choose import, but that doesn’t work in my program, never has. The Import from published Album does nothing, Import Settings from Published album only gives me an error message.

Anyway, for anyone else wanting to do make their albums viewable again, I skipped this step and had no problem finding the files in Tools: Open Directories: Skin Directory.
Thank you again for your help!
Take care,
Helene
jGromit

Posted: 24-Nov-2012 21:03   in response to: hutaylor in response to: hutaylor

hutaylor wrote:
The Import from published Album does nothing, Import Settings from Published album only gives me an error message.

For that to work, you have to use the jAlbum uploading routine, and you must also tell it to include a "lifeboat" file with the upload. With older versions, this wasn't an option at all. That "lifeboat" file includes things like the project file, the comments you've entered, and so on, so it can often be used to re-create an album.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums