This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21-Nov-2012 23:37 Last Post By: Zooey
Zooey

Autoscale not working
Posted: 21-Nov-2012 22:49

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I'm afraid it's me again. I solved the problems with my own photography site and apart from adding more images, it's all working well. Then I found myself adopting a badly abused kitten from Romania and one thing led to another and I've offered to build a new site for the charity. I started last night and I'm sure the autoscale was working, but at some point during the day, the gallery has grown a scroll bar.

I've uploaded what I've done so far to my own web space as I'm waiting for Dhina to get back to me about the second license. I obviously used some of my own photographs to stand in for the rescued cats, but if those images worked on MY site, why don't they work on the charity site?

The link is here http://www.elements.uk.com/Test/index.html and it's the Adopt Me! gallery that is too big
jGromit

Re: Autoscale not working
Posted: 21-Nov-2012 22:56   in response to: Zooey in response to: Zooey

First, the good news: I'm not seeing scrollbars in FF17, Chrome23, or IE9.

Now the bad news: In FF17 and IE9, the first image doesn't load. If I go to the second image, it appears, and if I then go back to the first image, it also finally shows up. But initially, it's a blank. In Chrome, the images don't ever show up at all - only the thumbstrip is visible.
Zooey

Posted: 21-Nov-2012 23:16   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you, but I'm afraid that's way beyond my understanding. My photography site was finished about a week ago and the charity site was pretty much copied from that. The autoscale works for one and not for the other. Does it help if I say when I go to the Demo page of the Fotoplayer site and use the link for full web site creation, the thumbnails are also off the bottom of the page? We use IE9

I've tried Firefox at home and it's the same. Images appear without a problem, but there is a scroll bar on the gallery page

Edited by: Zooey on 21-Nov-2012 23:16
jGromit

Posted: 21-Nov-2012 23:22   in response to: Zooey in response to: Zooey

That happens for me only if I shrink the browser window so that it's less than about 525px tall. So it appears there's a lower limit to the adjustable size.
Zooey

Posted: 21-Nov-2012 23:37   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK... but the selected image on my photography site http://www.elements.uk.com/album.html is smaller than the selected image on the charity site http://www.elements.uk.com/Test/album.html

I'm totally baffled. I could change the album height to something like 85%, but that just drops the footer off the bottom and it should be part of the design. The scroll bar remains of course.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums