This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Jul-2012 11:38 Last Post By: xberg
Chane

[Better] iPad support is getting critical
Posted: 31-Jan-2012 02:27

Click to reply to this thread Reply
A year ago (or whenever the option appeared) I enabled the backup HTML option in FotoPlayer. This let early adopters of the iPad/iPhone/..<non-flash> device at least see something.

Now I need something better for these nearly dominate non-flash devices. And it needs to be as good as FotoPlayer.

What are people doing
a) moving to a non-Flash skin?
b) duplicating effort and creating the FotoPlayer version and a nearly equivalent HTML version?
c) moving to a native app for iPad/iPhone?

Is there any info on the functionality roadmap for FotoPlayer?

thanks for any feedback,
Chane
jAlbum user for a decade and FotoPlayer since version 1.
Spellman

Re: [Better] iPad support is getting critical
Posted: 07-Feb-2012 20:55   in response to: Chane in response to: Chane

I have to agree that this is getting to be an increasingly important and needed feature. Lets face it, with current trends it will more than likely be required sometime in the near future. This may be a grand undertaking, but if there is a way to have a totally mobile version that would display well for ios and android devices it would be of great use to us. I understand that this would require almost a total overhaul of everything that has been done, but could maybe even be a separate product (FotoPlayer Mobile)? I have used this program for about six years now to display hundreds of thousands of photos, and have loved it. It has been an integral part of my business and would not hesitate paying for an upgraded version that could gain these capabilities.
dhina

Posted: 20-Feb-2012 07:03   in response to: Chane in response to: Chane

http://jalbum.net/en/skins/skin/FotoSlides/

FotoSlides - a new HTML 5 based skin released today! Most of the FotoPlayer Pro features will be implemented in FotoSlides in the future versions.

You'll also see an upgrade for FotoPlayer skin that'll include FotoSlides as an add-on feature (minimal customization) so you get the best of both world.
Chane

Posted: 03-Mar-2012 15:00   in response to: Chane in response to: Chane

Thank you for creating fotoslides - this is the direction I was hoping for!!!

I look forward using it. I'm currently moving over a 2,000 slide album with videos and pdfs to get a feel of the it.

Chane
xberg

Posted: 24-Jul-2012 11:38   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina

Hello,

Any idea when the fotoslides plugin for fotoplayer will be available?

Fotoslides looks good with its HTML5 interface, but I'm missing shopping cart functionality.

thanks,

XBerg
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums