This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Jul-2012 21:34 Last Post By: johnnyjomp
johnnyjomp

Java Error message when creating album
Posted: 11-Jul-2012 06:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Folks
I just updated to the latest paid version of FP and the latest unpaid version of Jalbum, and I am occasionally getting the following message while creating albums for preview:
The following files could not be processed due to errors:
elisha: java.lang.NullPointerException
mariko: java.lang.NullPointerException

"elisha" and "mariko" are image folder names. The error does not appear every time I create or re-create the album... I have not noticed a pattern, other than the last time it happened was when I made some basic changes to the album design settings and chose "make all".
What do you think? Any idea what the message means?
Mac OSX, if that helps
JoHN~
jGromit

Re: Java Error message when creating album
Posted: 11-Jul-2012 12:55   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp

Under Tools, Preferences, General, what does it say in "Number of threads?" If it's greater than 1, try setting it back to 1. That will, alas, kill the processing speed, but it might get rid of the errors.
johnnyjomp

Posted: 13-Jul-2012 04:32   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Oddly enough, even though I get an error message, I don't see any issues with the albums generated.
I checked the number of threads and it was at 8. I have reduced it to 7 to see if that helps... I would hate to slow things down more than needed!
Thanks for the tip.
JoHN~
jGromit

Posted: 13-Jul-2012 07:29   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp

Setting it to 7 wouldn't make any difference. I was just thinking that it might be a multi-threading problem, so settting it to 1 reduces the program to a single thread. At 7, it's still multi-threading.
johnnyjomp

Posted: 14-Jul-2012 21:34   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Not sure why, but the error message has gone away.
Another mystery solved.
JoHN~
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums