This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Jul-2012 18:15 Last Post By: johnnyjomp
johnnyjomp

Auto play of root folder pix... can't get it to work.
Posted: 13-Jul-2012 04:29

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi everyone
I have forgotten how to get my slide show to automatically start for my new album. I did it when I created my first album some time ago (see http://www.jomp-photographics.com/galleries.html), but can not remember how. I am sure it is an issue with where I place the root gallery images and the auto show / auto slide show settings in Options > Slides, but no combination is working.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!
JoHN~
johnnyjomp

Re: Auto play of root folder... can't get it to work.
Posted: 13-Jul-2012 05:16   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp

Or maybe this feature only works when posted online rather than previewed?

nope, that is not it because I have now uploaded the test file.

Any idea why my album won't auto-play???

Edited by: johnnyjomp on 14-Jul-2012 05:26
jGromit

Posted: 14-Jul-2012 09:39   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp

I'm generally very hesitant to help with FotoPlayer problems, partly because I've never used the skin, and partly because its developer is charging for licenses (let him provide the support - I'm not making a dime off this).

But a quick test tells me that if I go to Album > Settings > FotoPlayer > Options, and check "Auto play 1st photo," "Slideshow play current folder," and "Auto start slideshow," I end up with an album that automatically starts playing the slideshow, starting with the first image in the first folder.

Does that not work for you, or not do what you want?
johnnyjomp

Posted: 14-Jul-2012 18:15   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Hi everyone. It occurred to me to try another pic in the root, and that worked. It turns out either Jalbum or Fotoplayer can not auto play gifs. Once I made them jpgs, everything
Worked fine. Live and learn.

John
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums