This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 02-Apr-2012 21:26 Last Post By: jlillis
jlillis

FotoPlayer and FotoSlides Defaults
Posted: 02-Apr-2012 02:32

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've been using Fotoplayer for several years and I'm presently on v4.1. I have tons of changes to the default setting and simply save with 'Save Defaults'. This has always worked very well. I've recently been testing the FotoSlides_v1.0 Skin and have made several changes to this skin's default settings. Here is the problem -- when I move between the two skins, I seem to lose the default setting for the other! Is there any way to hold the default setting for EACH independently?
jGromit

Re: FotoPlayer and FotoSlides Defaults
Posted: 02-Apr-2012 03:50   in response to: jlillis in response to: jlillis

jAlbum lets you save only one "default," and that includes the skin. But there's another tool you can use. Start a new project - you don't even need to add any images to it. Choose a skin, like FotoPlayer, and set all of the setttings the way you want them for that skin. Now save the project, but give it an obvious name, like FPdefaults.jap. Stash that project file in a place you can access easily, like directly under My Albums.

Now, whenever you want to start a new project with FotoPlayer, you can add your images, give the project a name, then choose File, Import, Settings from album project...., and navigate to My Albums/FPdefaults.jap. That will bring in all of those settings, except for the image and output directories.
jlillis

Re: FotoPlayer and FotoSlides Defaults
Posted: 02-Apr-2012 21:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

This worked perfectly! Thanks EarlyOut. I appreciate the help.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums