Home » jAlbum forums » Skins, Plugins, and Tools » Turtle

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 01-Feb-2012 00:19 Last Post By: fichtennadel
fichtennadel

Image orientation/rotation on iPad
Posted: 31-Jan-2012 15:33
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment iPad.jpg (76,3 KB)
Hello,

there is an issue with image orientation/rotation on iPads: every portrait image seems to be first scaled to landscape and then shown as portrait, which gives somewhat strange effects, see attached image.
Tested on iPad 1 with Turtle 2.1.10

kr,
Georg
Laza

Re: Image orientation/rotation on iPad
Posted: 31-Jan-2012 15:49   in response to: fichtennadel in response to: fichtennadel
I got an iPad2, but haven't seen such yet. Maybe the rotation sensor works different on iPad1? It seems the picture is rotated not only distorted. Do you see this effect with other sites too?
fichtennadel

Posted: 31-Jan-2012 23:59   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Attachment Clipboard02.jpg (146,0 KB)
ok, I've finally found the culprit: it's not Turtle skin's fault but caused by JAlbum's metadata handling:

I've generated my album with skin setting Advanced > Metadata > "Include photographic in images" activated (I'd like to keep my IPTC tags etc intact).

Now JAlbum seems to create somewhat unconventional slide images: at least IrfanView shows them unrotated, whereas FireFox rotates them (see screenshot). And iPad seems to behave like IrfanView, it shows portrait images as landscape.

When I generate the album with "Include photographic in images" deactivated, the slide image is ok.

Any idea how to fix this? (besides deactivating the option, which I'd really like to avoid)?
fichtennadel

Posted: 01-Feb-2012 00:04   in response to: fichtennadel in response to: fichtennadel
ok, I did some more analysis: the image rotation does not match the exif orientation tag. When I turn off IrfanView auto rotate option, the image displays correctly.
I'll post this in the bug report forum.
Laza

Posted: 01-Feb-2012 00:17   in response to: fichtennadel in response to: fichtennadel
Thanks for tracking down the issue. David - jAlbum author - probably can help with this in the Bug reports forum.
fichtennadel

Posted: 01-Feb-2012 00:19   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
thanks for your support anyway ;-)

for the sake of completeness, I've reported the problem at http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=40874
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums