This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09-May-2010 00:08 Last Post By: mrag
steveliddle

Free Paint Program
Posted: 05-May-2010 22:09

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Searched for it, but not found

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

No need for a web connection whilst using it, works very well for simple stuff, using lightroom beta 3, not free :(
mrag

Re: Free Paint Program
Posted: 09-May-2010 00:08   in response to: steveliddle in response to: steveliddle

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I like Paint and think it pretty sophisticated (not sure how you are defining "simple"). For a while there I was buying Paint Shop Pro, but later realized the levels I was working at did not require that or any investment. Nor did I use it that often to fully learn (or remember) what it could do. For plain old "simple" stuff though, I remain a fan of Irfanview and for that matter now, even Jalbum's editing features. Paint is a number of notches above them in capabilities. Photoscape is not bad either although BIG. It seems there are a few 'good' free graphics programs available and each seem to do some particular things much better than the other.

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums