Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Jan-2009 21:41 Last Post By: gero
gero

Made JAlbum RSS feeds work in regular RSS feed readers
Posted: 16-Jan-2009 17:23
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I did some tweaking on the album.rss template file such that the RSS feeds generated by JAlbum are now usable in regular RSS readers like Google Reader and NetNewsWire. See my blog for details.

Regards,
Gero
davidekholm

Re: Made JAlbum RSS feeds work in regular RSS feed readers
Posted: 17-Jan-2009 09:17   in response to: gero in response to: gero
Hi Gero, thanks for your post and work! I shall look into how we can make Jalbum's RSS feed better and more compatible as a default. We might change just when an RSS feed is generated from album build time to publish time. Then Jalbum would know the destination URL and could produce absolute links right away.
helensgallery

Posted: 17-Jan-2009 09:46   in response to: gero in response to: gero
Attachment album.rss (8,6 KB)
Hi gero,

Thanks a lot for your work, very useful, I tried it succesfully on my album "Lyon Lumieres": http://helensgallery.jalbum.net/LyonLumieres/index.htm.

I had to make some few adaptations:

• in the "Collect item details" section, I modified "ri.guid = entityEncode(getFolder() + "/" + imagePath)" in "ri.guid = entityEncode(getFolderUrl() + "/" + imagePath)"

• changed the pubDate for the one originally used by Jalbum, because the format date was wrong, probably as I'm French, the date was starting with "dim., 07" instead of "Sun, 07", don't know why. As I'm not technical at all, I preferred to change it to the genuine variable.

• added personal information on my website (author, copyright, etc.)

Attached is my album.rss file, if interessed. I validated it with the Feed Validator and it is now a valid RSS feed.

Regards,
Helen
gero

Posted: 17-Jan-2009 21:41   in response to: helensgallery in response to: helensgallery
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, I've incorporated them in the album.rss template file.

Regards,
Gero
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums