This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 22 Sep 20, 14:42 Last Post By: AndreWolff
AndreWolff

Upload warnings
Posted: 18 Sep 20, 21:49

Click to reply to this thread Reply
During uploading via the hotspot of my iPhone, I get these warnings:
sep. 18, 2020 9:30:03 P.M. se.datadosen.jalbum.RemoteFSWorkers$RemoteCallable call
WARNING: Caught com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.ControlChannelIOException: Read timed out on connection 15 while processing I:\Users\Andre\Documents\Mijn websites\andrewolff.nl\FotoSerie\Waddeneilanden\Texel\Bunkertocht\slides\200918-105854_Bunkertocht-Pano.jpg
sep. 18, 2020 9:30:03 P.M. se.datadosen.jalbum.RemoteFSWorkers$RemoteCallable call
WARNING: Retrying
All workers shut down
Album upload: 2m 17.792007s
RemoteFSHandler: Caught com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.ControlChannelIOException: Control channel unexpectedly closed ('' read so far) when calling setDirectory. Reconnecting
Total upload: 2m 20.546005s
davidekholm

Re: Upload warnings
Posted: 19 Sep 20, 22:33   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Looks like a shaky connection to me.
AndreWolff

Posted: 20 Sep 20, 09:35   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
No, It was a stable 4G connection.
davidekholm

Posted: 21 Sep 20, 13:24   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
No, It was a stable 4G connection.

Then it would work as well I guess. This could be triggered if the read timeout has been triggered. It's triggered if a read operation takes more than 10 seconds to initiate. What ftp connection type are you using?
AndreWolff

Posted: 21 Sep 20, 16:31   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
What ftp connection type are you using?
I used my iPhone 4G hotspot on a camping on the Dutch island Texel to upload this album with folders.
I used the jAlbum FTP program, so I have no idea what I can say about the ftp connection.

I did the same test now at home and I saw no problems.
davidekholm

Posted: 21 Sep 20, 16:43   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

See Tools->Upload->Manage->Type
AndreWolff

Posted: 21 Sep 20, 16:52   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment FTP_protocol.png (70.2 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
See Tools->Upload->Manage->Type
See attached screenshot.
davidekholm

Posted: 21 Sep 20, 16:53   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Ok, can you reproduce the problem? (I could try increasing the default timeout of 10 seconds)
AndreWolff

Posted: 21 Sep 20, 17:06   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Ok, can you reproduce the problem? (I could try increasing the default timeout of 10 seconds)
No, I am again at home, where it all works fine.
I see that only sometimes if I am on holidays!
RobM

Posted: 21 Sep 20, 20:06   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
No, I am again at home, where it all works fine.
I see that only sometimes if I am on holidays!
Can’t you connect via your phone again, maybe the 4G upload speed on the island was slow, or actually connected you via 3G?
AndreWolff

Posted: 21 Sep 20, 20:32   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
Can’t you connect via your phone again, maybe the 4G upload speed on the island was slow, or actually connected you via 3G?
That is what I did after my holiday at home, but here it did work fine.

You have to wait for my next holiday!
davidekholm

Posted: 22 Sep 20, 11:54   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Helpful
If your connection had more than 10s read timeout, then that would trigger this. I think 10s is an extremely long time. Increasing the timeout is possible, but usually gives a worse user experience when there is a definitive connection break.
AndreWolff

Posted: 22 Sep 20, 14:42   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Well it took some time, but the album was correctly uploaded as far as I can see.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums