This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16 Apr 20, 17:03 Last Post By: JeffTucker
JöGrav

possible to create an "advanced image gallery"?
Posted: 7 Mar 20, 17:55

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello
I search a skin, which like this
Link.
I want to have on left an image and right a description text and it is clickable.
Is this possible to create with jalbum?
Thanks for helping
Jörg
AndreWolff

Re: possible to create an "advanced image gallery"?
Posted: 7 Mar 20, 18:13   in response to: JöGrav in response to: JöGrav

Your link is not working, but You can do that with the FancyBox skin see here.
JeffTucker

Posted: 7 Mar 20, 18:29   in response to: JöGrav in response to: JöGrav

Your link is working fine.
AndreWolff

Posted: 7 Mar 20, 18:38   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
Your link is working fine.
It is not working on my iPad, but indeed it works on my PC.
JeffTucker

Posted: 7 Mar 20, 18:55   in response to: JöGrav in response to: JöGrav

The closest is probably Journal. A quick demo, though you'd have to do some CSS tinkering to get things like the colored background box behind each item (in fact, you'd probably have to do some more extensive HTML tinkering because of the floats, which cause things like the comments to be a variable height):

(demo removed)

The other option would be Zigzag, again with some messing about to force images to be on the left at all times, and to put some breathing room between items. Also somewhat tricky to pull off.

(demo removed)

Edited by: jGromit on 16-Apr-2020 11:03 - user never returned, so demo's deleted.
JeffTucker

Posted: 7 Mar 20, 19:00   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

BTW, making the text on the right clickable, to take you elsewhere, would just be a simple matter of planting some HTML anchors around the comment text.

Making the images clickable would take some more extensive skin template hacking - not exceptionally difficult, but not something that's built into the skin.
JeffTucker

Posted: 11 Mar 20, 14:29   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Edit: Now implemented in three of my skins: Jupiter, Mercury, and Neptune. An example, from the demo albums:

https://jgromit.com/neptune/folders/

Plenty of options - float thumbnail left/right, align caption left/center/right, different caption width, etc.

It's also easy to force the thumbnails to be in only one column - just set the maximum thumbnail table width to be only about 200px larger than the width of a single thumbnail and its caption (the extra is needed for things like padding, top-of-page arrows, and so on).

ETA: In the demo album, if you want to play "shrink the browser window" to see what happens, hit F5 after changing sizes. At the lower end (i.e., smartphone size), the layout isn't redrawn dynamically. A desktop user isn't turning his browser into a smartphone while he's viewing the album, or vice-versa.

Edited by: jGromit on 29-Mar-2020 08:13
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums