Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Oct-2019 23:32 Last Post By: davidekholm
timmyleeturner

Uploading error
Posted: 15-Oct-2019 20:31
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
I'm confused, all of a sudden I can not successfully upload an album to my server as I always have. Is this topic related to this error?

info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSException: com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: The FTP client has not yet connected to the server. The requested action cannot be performed until after a connection has been established.
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.FtpAdapter.put(FtpAdapter.java:374)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean.put(RemoteFSBean.java:394)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean$RemoteFSHandler.invoke(RemoteFSBean.java:510)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy15.put(Unknown Source)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumManifest.write(AlbumManifest.java:127)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.UploadBean.uploadAlbum(UploadBean.java:716)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$PublishStep$19.run(JPublishWizard.java:2113)
Caused by: com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: The FTP client has not yet connected to the server. The requested action cannot be performed until after a connection has been established.
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.checkConnection(FTPClient.java:1081)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.initPut(FTPClient.java:2782)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.putData(FTPClient.java:2916)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.putStream(FTPClient.java:2623)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.put(FTPClient.java:2497)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.put(FTPClient.java:2562)
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.FtpAdapter.put(FtpAdapter.java:368)
... 10 more
jGromit

Re: Uploading error
Posted: 15-Oct-2019 20:33   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner
(Post split from a thread about the updates to online jAlbum. This user is not using online jAlbum at all.)
timmyleeturner

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 20:49   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner
Ok, not sure what happened here, I also got this error message when attempting to create the album the first time: The second attempt was successful. Not sure when it finally uploaded it, because it told me it didn't, but apparently it did, sorry.

An unexpected error occurred. Please see detailed description below:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.desktop/java.awt.image.DataBufferByte.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.image.Raster.createInterleavedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readRaster(Unknown Source)
at com.twelvemonkeys.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readImageAsRasterAndReplaceColorProfile(JPEGImageReader.java:498)
at com.twelvemonkeys.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.read(JPEGImageReader.java:388)
at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.doLoadImage(FileFilters.java:692)
at se.datadosen.util.FileFilters.loadImage(FileFilters.java:589)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$StandardImageProcessor.processImage(AlbumBean.java:5819)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$StandardImageProcessor.processImages(AlbumBean.java:5688)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$ImageProcessingTask.call(AlbumBean.java:5618)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 21:18   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner
If you get that out of memory error repeatedly, please run Tools->External Tools->"Perform garbage collection" and pass me the data written to jAlbum's system console (F7)
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 21:21   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Luckily you got a full upload. It was the manifest file that failed to upload (which speeds up checking for changed files at your next upload). If this happens repeatedly, try switching to our alternative ftp client "ftp4j" by changing "Connection type" under Publish/Manage to "ftp (ftp4j)" for your account profile.
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 21:22   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
By the way, these errors are rare if you have a stable ftp server and internet connection. Try restarting your home router too.
timmyleeturner

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 21:58   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Well, I've seen it once before that I recall... but here's the garbage:

jAlbum 18.2.1 system console running Groovy (Groovy JAlbum Script Engine)
This section captures debug prints sent to System.out and System.err
The top section evaluates expressions.
Press Ctrl+E to evaluate an expression. (Evaluates selected text if selection is active)
You have access to the basic jAlbum implicit objects such as engine and window

Sample expressions:
4*(3+2); // Basic calculations
engine.getSkin(); // Use of implicit object
for (AlbumObject ao : selectedObjects) System.out.println(ao); // Iterate over selected objects
window.messageBox("You can interact with any Java object");
Skin loading: 0.637s
Garbage collection result
Free RAM before garbage collection: 34452K
Free RAM after garbage collection: 37784K
Total RAM allowed for JAlbum: 60928K
timmyleeturner

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 22:04   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I do reset the router every week or so, have good ethernet connection with fiber optics and 300 Mbps. No other issues. I've been with the same FTP server for several years (In Motion Hosting) and don't recall any issues, pretty good ratings. No problem ever uploading via other ftp clients. This was a large album, if that makes any difference. About 3800 files, but that's what I've always pretty much done. I appreciate your input, sounds like your really on top of this thing... :-)
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 23:29   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner
Judging by the garbage collection report, you only have 60928KB available for jAlbum. That's 60MB and certainly not enough to scale most images using multiple threads. Either your computer has very little RAM (which I doubt) or it has become VERY fragmented. jAlbum needs a continuous block of RAM so you might benefit from restarting your computer, then run jAlbum and do the garbage collection just to see how much RAM it gets now.
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 23:32   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner
timmyleeturner wrote:
I do reset the router every week or so, have good ethernet connection with fiber optics and 300 Mbps. No other issues. I've been with the same FTP server for several years (In Motion Hosting) and don't recall any issues, pretty good ratings. No problem ever uploading via other ftp clients. This was a large album, if that makes any difference. About 3800 files, but that's what I've always pretty much done. I appreciate your input, sounds like your really on top of this thing... :-)

Thank you. Yes, I'm really eager to ensure that jAlbum's upload routine is as good as any other upload client. The problem for me is that it's hard to reproduce this problem. Are you able to give me ftp access to your account? (if so, write me at david_at_jalbum_dot_net). I'll then download and try uploading that very album to your server from here. If I'm lucky I can reproduce the error and work it out from there.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums