Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 58 - Pages: 4 [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] - Last Post: 23-Oct-2019 21:28 Last Post By: jGromit
Laza

Lucid skin testing
Posted: 30-Sep-2019 18:32
I have uploaded a new skin - similar to the outdated Fully - to test. I'm aware still not all the functions/features work, but the core features are supposed to work.

- Initial release

Not yet implemented:

• Video support
  • Background music
  • Thumbnail as strip (top, bottom)
  • Full screen

Skin: https://jalbum.net/en/skins/skin/Lucid
Sample album: http://laza.jalbum.net/Lucid%20development/
jGromit

Re: Lucid skin testing
Posted: 30-Sep-2019 19:19   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
The first onslaught of the beach house guests are arriving shortly, so no time to play. But one quick reaction: I think I'd offer either the thumbnails (like the demo), or a thumbstrip option, but not both. To me, that would just be confusing.
Laza

Posted: 01-Oct-2019 17:52   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Thanks for the feedback! If that's too much I'll skip it.
RobM

Posted: 01-Oct-2019 20:27   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Screen grabs from my iPad show that in landscape mode the slide image is distorted.
wolf-skate

Posted: 02-Oct-2019 19:39   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
just skimming through the test album

is it deliberate that you can activate print/download etc on neighbor images (i.e. non highlighted image)..see screen shot

also wrt taking the place for Fully - seems the top bar is always reserved space? = I would prefer using ALL height for image = i.e really FULLy - and the info in top bar to be blended in w hover over - and/over moved (like the forward/ backward arrow feels more natural to have as blend in at far right and left, center positions)
Laza

Posted: 03-Oct-2019 09:05   in response to: wolf-skate in response to: wolf-skate
Thanks, naturally you shouldn't be able to interact with prev/next picture's buttons. I'll fix that.

The control bar is over the lightbox, not pushing it down. The height/width fill percentage can be controlled and set to 100%. However, I prefer seeing the previous/next picture along with the current, so the horizontal fill ratio is 90% by default. The vertical fill can be set to 100%, but can reach that only if the width hasn't reached its max yet.

I didn't get this:
and the info in top bar to be blended in w hover over - and/over moved (like the forward/ backward arrow feels more natural to have as blend in at far right and left, center positions)
wolf-skate

Posted: 03-Oct-2019 10:46   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
ah what I meant wrt top bar .. to me it seemed it was always pushing image down -> so thought if you made image 100% height (FULLy) the info/navigation stuff could be 'hidden' and only overlaid via hover over

but you say you have option already to do full100% height? (just did not notice it in test album).

wrt forward/ backward, you have this navigation in top bar at left side. For me it feels more natural to seek those arrows at the center height but far left (back) and far right (forward) (i.e. hidden but overlaid on previous/next image close to border of the album. Some other skins have it this way)
davidekholm

Posted: 03-Oct-2019 17:51   in response to: wolf-skate in response to: wolf-skate
I don't get the download button working. Tested on Firefox.
jGromit

Posted: 03-Oct-2019 19:50   in response to: wolf-skate in response to: wolf-skate
wolf-skate wrote:
wrt forward/ backward, you have this navigation in top bar at left side. For me it feels more natural to seek those arrows at the center height but far left (back) and far right (forward) (i.e. hidden but overlaid on previous/next image close to border of the album. Some other skins have it this way)

There's also an inherent problem with the top bar navigation, when coupled with the 100% vertical display. If you have your mouse on the "next" arrow, and keep hitting it to view subsequent slide images, you see each image with its top clipped off. You can see the full height of the image only if you move your mouse off that top navigation bar.

But someone who is going through the gallery of images probably won't ever figure that out, and will end up seeing only clipped images.
jGromit

Posted: 03-Oct-2019 20:27   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Given that the intent is to provide nearly-fullscreen slide images, I think the default image bounds of 1000x800 aren't going to cut it. It probably needs something more like 2000x1000.
Laza

Posted: 04-Oct-2019 10:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
But isn't that too large as default?
jGromit

Posted: 04-Oct-2019 13:17   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
The default image bounds for Fully are 10000x1080, and the reason is that you want fullscreen images, but you don't want the slide image to be enlarged by the browser, ever. These aren't background images, either, where you can get away with that more easily.
jGromit

Posted: 06-Oct-2019 13:58   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
The autostart option isn't working at all. But as I've said in a Projector thread, I think I'd get rid of that entirely, anyway. It forces the album creator's choice on the visitor, and it conflicts with the fullscreen option.
Laza

Posted: 06-Oct-2019 14:56   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Yes, I think you're right. I will remove the auto-start slideshow altogether.
AndreWolff

Posted: 15-Oct-2019 18:45   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Attachment Jalbum_Lucid.jap (7.2 KB)
In my first test of this skin I get a crash with image 15 of 17:
An unexpected error occurred. Please see detailed description below:

java.awt.image.RasterFormatException: (x + width) is outside raster
	at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.IntegerInterleavedRaster.createWritableChild(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.image.BufferedImage.getSubimage(Unknown Source)
	at lucid.ConstrainRatioFilter.doFilter(ConstrainRatioFilter.java:100)
	at lucid.ConstrainRatioFilter.filter(ConstrainRatioFilter.java:90)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.processFilters(AlbumBean.java:4147)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$StandardImageProcessor.processImage(AlbumBean.java:5956)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$StandardImageProcessor.processImages(AlbumBean.java:5732)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$ImageProcessingTask.call(AlbumBean.java:5662)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I did start with the Tiger project file for this album and changed the skin into Lucid.

Project file enclosed.

jAlbum version 19.0.5

Edit:

I get the same error with the Photoblogger skin, but not with the Tiger skin. All skins do use the same images.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 15-Oct-2019 18:55
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums