This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09-Mar-2019 15:39 Last Post By: jGromit
hmonnier

Searching for keywords
Posted: 07-Mar-2019 23:17

Click to reply to this thread Reply
the skin seems to allow you to add keywords to each image in the keywords area of the description, whatever setups i use, the keywords are not searched, and i really need this ability. Ive set it up to search keywords, and titles. Title searches seem ok, but I cannot seem to find the correct combo to get keywords to work. Can someone give me a set of options that must be set up to have keywords to be searched and displayed. hanks, Henri Monnier
jGromit

Re: Searching for keywords
Posted: 08-Mar-2019 00:47   in response to: hmonnier in response to: hmonnier

Had to do some fiddling, but I suspect I know why it hasn't been working for you.

Under Tiger > Header > Top bar, make sure both Use search and Search box is visible by default are checked, and that the Fields to search includes keywords.

Then, the piece that is probably missing - go to Album > Settings > Advanced > Metadata, and make sure that Generate JSON data is checked. Make the album again, and see if that gets you the result you want.
hmonnier

Posted: 08-Mar-2019 14:12   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I checked your settings, the last one was not there 'JSON Data', checked it and did a make all.

I was able to search and find in the creator field (that's good) but not able to find in the keyword field. In the model for an eagle, i placed "bird" in the keywords, but it does not find it. I am going to double check everything..... and then i'll get back to you.... thanks.....
jGromit

Posted: 08-Mar-2019 14:18   in response to: hmonnier in response to: hmonnier

I did a quick test with a Tiger album, and it seemed to find the keyword-tagged images properly, so I'm reasonably sure it's working correctly.

You might have to do some browser cache clearing, to make sure the album is using the latest files.
hmonnier

Posted: 08-Mar-2019 15:19   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

i believe i cleared everything. i changed the creator name, and added a new keyword to the image, it found the creator (did that first), then tried the keyword, still no find. open for ideas, i have no idea what to try next. which make catalog is the best to use out of the 3? sorry to be a pain....
jGromit

Posted: 08-Mar-2019 15:30   in response to: hmonnier in response to: hmonnier

Attachment keywordtest.zip (1.0 MB)
Maybe this will help. Here's an entire little test project. Download it, unzip it, and then open the project in jAlbum. I've put the keyword submarine on two of the images, and the keyword periscope on one of them. If you view the album (you can preview locally with Firefox - no need to upload it), you can search for either word.

Also, please give us a link to your album, so we can see what it's doing.
hmonnier

Posted: 09-Mar-2019 15:16   in response to: hmonnier in response to: hmonnier

I basically did as you suggested and put together a single file album. What I found is that in the setup, under metadata, if you do not have comment sources/xmp check, you will get nothing. To make it work fully, that is checked and also have title source=IPTC Object name (did not messwith that, so do not know what other options might do), and Include xmp metadata in generated images and Generate JSON data checked.

So thanks for the help, much appreciated....
Henri.....
jGromit

Posted: 09-Mar-2019 15:39   in response to: hmonnier in response to: hmonnier

Glad you got it working! Yes, there are a lot of separate pieces to the puzzle - it can be difficult to keep track of all of them. I often have to experiment to figure it out!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums