This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 13 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17 Jan 19, 03:46 Last Post By: JeffTucker
graverholt

Cannot connect
Posted: 15 Jan 19, 05:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Jalbum refuses to connect.
Is this not a servername: linux91.unoeuro.com ?
JeffTucker

Re: Cannot connect
Posted: 15 Jan 19, 12:59   in response to: graverholt in response to: graverholt

You will have to contact your webhost about this. There are millions of servers in the world - we don't know the names of all of them, nor do we know how to connect to each of them.
graverholt

Posted: 15 Jan 19, 18:41   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

But it's strange that I connect fine with my ftp programme
JeffTucker

Posted: 15 Jan 19, 18:45   in response to: graverholt in response to: graverholt

The jAlbum uploader is just an embedded FTP program. The same settings that work in something like FileZilla should work equally well in jAlbum. Make sure that they're the same, including host name, user name, password, and type of connection. For "type of connection," try each of them - one might work better than the others.

Also make sure that your firewall isn't blocking jalbum.exe.

(Thread moved to "Uploading albums.")
graverholt

Posted: 15 Jan 19, 19:08   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

But earlier when I clicked transfer I was given the chance to change password etc. but now I am not anymore. Where can I change them then?
JeffTucker

Posted: 15 Jan 19, 21:33   in response to: graverholt in response to: graverholt

From the toolbar in jAlbum, choose Tools, Upload/Manage.
JeffTucker

Posted: 15 Jan 19, 22:10   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

If this page is correct:

https://www.unoeuro.com/support/faq/ftp/255/

It seems to indicate that your host should be ftp.nielsgraverholt.dk, not linux91.unoeuro.com.

That page might be out of date. I don't know. But you need to ask your webhost, "In an FTP client program, what should I use for the host name and the user name?"
graverholt

Posted: 16 Jan 19, 03:22   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Now it says "Righ clich the folder that holds your site...."
Where do I do that?
I will soon go crazy
graverholt

Posted: 16 Jan 19, 03:44   in response to: graverholt in response to: graverholt

Now, when I choose "create album" it stops at the last picture and does not react when I click "open folder" or "transfer"

Edited by: graverholt on 16-Jan-2019 04:46
JeffTucker

Posted: 16 Jan 19, 05:12   in response to: graverholt in response to: graverholt

Attachment ss005124.png (14.8 KB)
Attachment ss005126.png (19.6 KB)
graverholt wrote:
Now it says "Righ clich the folder that holds your site...."
Where do I do that?

Choose Tools, Upload/Manage, then Connect to your web host. Now, you need to tell jAlbum which folder on the web host contains your site. It's probably public_html. Right-click on that folder, and choose Mark as web root. See screenshots.

This is something you need to do only once. jAlbum will remember it after that.
JeffTucker

Posted: 16 Jan 19, 05:36   in response to: graverholt in response to: graverholt

Attachment ss005128.png (5.5 KB)
graverholt wrote:
Now, when I choose "create album" it stops at the last picture and does not react when I click "open folder" or "transfer"

When jAlbum is finished making the album, does it say "Done" in the window? See screenshot.

Can you preview it? You should always preview the album before uploading it, just to make sure that it looks the way you want it to. Uploading an album that isn't right is just a waste of time.
graverholt

Posted: 17 Jan 19, 01:54   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

No. It just says "working on 16" in the left bottom, and if I click "Create album" or "Transfer", nothing happens.

Edited by: graverholt on 17-Jan-2019 01:56

Edited by: graverholt on 17-Jan-2019 01:57

Edited by: graverholt on 17-Jan-2019 01:58
graverholt

Posted: 17 Jan 19, 02:12   in response to: graverholt in response to: graverholt

What does "Right click the folder that holds your site..."?
JeffTucker

Posted: 17 Jan 19, 03:46   in response to: graverholt in response to: graverholt

graverholt wrote:
What does "Right click the folder that holds your site..."?

One more time....

• Choose Tools, Upload/Manage.
  • Select the profile for your web host.
  • Click Connect.
  • Find public_html and right-click on it.
  • Choose Mark as web root.
  • Click Close.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums