I just slapped together a quick test album and tested it in Chrome, and everything centers as it should.
I have completely regenerated the website by deleting the contents of my Output Directory on My Albums on my computer and also all the files stored online. To denote the change, I gave the Album a new background colour so that I would know if I was looking at a current version. Guess what; after I regenerated the whole site and uploaded it, the problem on Google Chrome still persisted even after I pressed Reload the Page several times. Also, I noted that the background colour hadn't changed either! Meanwhile, on MS Edge the site still worked fine and sported the new background. I then took up your suggestion and deleted my Chrome browsing cache from my own PC and tablet and BINGO it now all works as it should.
This must be a common problem when design changes are made.
By all means, delete this post because this was all down to me. Or leave it as a lesson to others!
That's why I said CTRL-F5. Just choosing "reload" is the equivalent of F5, and is often not enough. CTRL-F5 says, "I really mean it!"