This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Oct-2018 22:16 Last Post By: davidekholm
RobM

Maybe a bug, maybe not?
Posted: 19-Oct-2018 21:02

Click to reply to this thread Reply
jAlbum 16.2+
Copy and paste files within a folder duplicates the copied items appending 'copy' to the file names. Copy and pasting a file or files from one folder into another (with file(s) of that name already there) causes an 'An item named … already exists' dialogue box. Is this as designed or an oversight?
davidekholm

Re: Maybe a bug, maybe not?
Posted: 20-Oct-2018 19:03   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Correct
It is actually a design, one could argue that auto-renaming files is generally preferred but I'd say that when you duplicate files you WANT duplicates, hence the auto-rename, but when copying files from one location to another, you'll probably want to know if they are already existing in the destination folder.
RobM

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 19:59   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
It is actually a design, one could argue that auto-renaming files is generally preferred but I'd say that when you duplicate files you WANT duplicates, hence the auto-rename, but when copying files from one location to another, you'll probably want to know if they are already existing in the destination folder.
Thanks, it was just so I could be sure before I updated the documentation as at the moment it doesn't mention the difference.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Oct-2018 22:16   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Ok, thanks again for maintaining the docs Rob!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums