This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Mar-2018 14:58 Last Post By: RobM
Ftostain

New to jalbum. Cannot get my albums after I upload them from an iPad.
Posted: 23-Mar-2018 09:34

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi.

Yesterday, I installed the jAlbum app on my iPad and I created an jAlbum account.
Today, I tried to create albums from my iPad. Te pictures files seem to upload correctly, but I get on album on my account page.

Bug?
Did I miss something?

I need help

Bertrand
Ftostain

Re: New to jalbum. Cannot get my albums after I upload them from an iPad.
Posted: 23-Mar-2018 12:30   in response to: Ftostain in response to: Ftostain

Maybe I should give some more data concerning my environment:
  • iPad Pro 2016 & iPhone 6 (issue tested and confirmed on both devices)
  • iOS 11.3 beta 6
jGromit

Posted: 23-Mar-2018 14:00   in response to: Ftostain in response to: Ftostain

I am now seeing some new iPhone albums on your profile page. Is the app working properly?
Ftostain

Posted: 23-Mar-2018 14:44   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Yes and NO!

In fact, I could create 4 albums from the iphone, but after about 7-8 attempts (about 50% success!)

From the iPad: 0% success!
This morning, when I first tried creating albums, it was on the ipad. In fact, I didn't complete the process because I didn't notice the "Fait" (done) button at the upper-right corner of the screen, because it is hidden by some other text (the text of the two other buttons (I guess "library" and "camera" in English) is really two long in the French version and overlaps and hide the "Fait" (done) button.

But even after I understood this and I went to the end of the creation process, the app SEEMS to create the album, then goes back to the home, but no album is added.
So, on the iPad: 0% success!

And also, really two many updoad errors.
And also, after 2 attempts, I even cannot try to create a new album: I cannot event select or take pictures. I need to close the app then re-open it in order to get the app run "normally"
and so on...

Now, I would like to tell you what I think about the iOS version of jAlbum:

I think this app is still an alpha version, not even a beta version...
I guess not many people use this iOS app for jAlbum. Can you confirm?

I thought I could propose this app to my family members, so that they can collaborate to share family albums (I like the desktop version but it is too difficult for some family members and the Web site doesn't work (impossible to upload files). I guess you need a in-depth rewrite of the app before I can suggest it to my family and my friends. I do hope you are presently working hard on a new version...

Edited by: Ftostain on 23-Mar-2018 14:46
jGromit

Posted: 23-Mar-2018 14:57   in response to: Ftostain in response to: Ftostain

Wish I had some encouraging words, but those who put together the app are no longer with jAlbum, so there's been no development since the initial release.

If it's any consolation, the Android app also seems to be dead in the water. Not sure whether that's a temporary problem or not.

I don't think there are many users of either app. The lack of posts about them is telling.
jGromit

Posted: 23-Mar-2018 14:59   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

BTW, I'm surprised to see you describe yourself as "new to jAlbum." You and a ten-year user under another name appear to have posted the same album, each to his own account.
RobM

Posted: 23-Mar-2018 17:22   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I just created a new album on my iPad Pro with iOS 11.2.6 - the last stable version, not a beta. It could be that iOS 11.3 beta is the problem unless you did not click on the ‘Create album’ button, see attached.
Ftostain

Posted: 24-Mar-2018 02:35   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Oh yes, my brother is a ten-year user and we work together. I am personally more on the artistic side... and both of us almost never use the jalbum.net site to post albums. I am personally not very used to the site development side of the job...
Ftostain

Posted: 24-Mar-2018 02:51   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Yes, you are right, iOS 11.3 beta 6 may be the problem. I will need to test the app again with the next stable version (probably next week...) and I will tell you.
But if you want people to use the app, I think you should also update the app in accordance to the OS update. My personal experience of iOS apps, especially after iOS11.0, is that only very newly updated apps work fine on the last versions of iOS11 (well, I should say "in most cases" and "at least, for the apps I frequently use"). I know this is an Apple problem, but it's a reality.

And last thing: if you see the French version of the app, you will notice that the "Create album" button is hidden in the ipad app. This is what I explained in my former post and you can see this in the screenshot I posted. And I don't want to witch my iPad to English (the only way to get the English version of jAlbum) (Again, another iOS "problem")
RobM

Posted: 24-Mar-2018 14:58   in response to: Ftostain in response to: Ftostain

I switched my iPad to region = France and language = French and get the same display problem, so it is not an iOS beta problem. Although not readable you can actually tap on the bold text at the right and it will make an album, if you really need/want to keep using the IOS app until there is a fix.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums