Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 356 - Pages: 24 [ Previous | 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] - Last Post: 18-Nov-2017 16:56 Last Post By: davidekholm
jGromit

Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 17-Nov-2017 20:22   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Attachment imgTag.png (340.8 KB)
AndreWolff wrote:
jGromit wrote:
In short, as the viewport narrows, you want the theme image to remain the same height
Why?

So that this doesn't happen.
AndreWolff

Posted: 17-Nov-2017 20:32   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
jGromit wrote:
In short, as the viewport narrows, you want the theme image to remain the same height
Why?

So that this doesn't happen.

If that is a problem for a user, he can select 'Use theme image as background'.
RobM

Posted: 17-Nov-2017 21:52   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
David, the Mac package does not include ClassicFileFilters.jar
davidekholm

Posted: 17-Nov-2017 23:58   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:

It should actually be dumped from all distros now. That jar file relies on code that has been removed from Java now.
jGromit

Posted: 18-Nov-2017 00:01   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
One more tiny piece of the puzzle - the skin.properties editor needs to include the entry for supporting separate theme images.

BTW, where is the code for that? The new skin I'm working on requires a license key, and it would be nice for a user to be able to store that in the skin properties, rather than being forced to save this skin as the default, with an entry for the license key in the GUI. I could just hijack the company field, which is otherwise unused.
RobM

Posted: 18-Nov-2017 00:09   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:

It should actually be dumped from all distros now. That jar file relies on code that has been removed from Java now.

I suspected that might be the case, I have removed it from my skin, as it turns out I wasn't using it.
jGromit

Posted: 18-Nov-2017 00:17   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
The new skin I'm working on requires a license key, and it would be nice for a user to be able to store that in the skin properties, rather than being forced to save this skin as the default, with an entry for the license key in the GUI.

In fact, as I think about it, it might be helpful to include a few standard fields in skin.properties for stuff like this - a skin license key, and a Google maps API key. A skin could then pre-fill those fields in its own GUI, which would allow the user to override them for a specific album.
davidekholm

Posted: 18-Nov-2017 09:24   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
jGromit wrote:
The new skin I'm working on requires a license key, and it would be nice for a user to be able to store that in the skin properties, rather than being forced to save this skin as the default, with an entry for the license key in the GUI.

In fact, as I think about it, it might be helpful to include a few standard fields in skin.properties for stuff like this - a skin license key, and a Google maps API key. A skin could then pre-fill those fields in its own GUI, which would allow the user to override them for a specific album.

But then it wouldn't survive skin updates. There is a persistence API in Java called Preferences API which I recommend using. It's cross platform and persists any data to disk. Exactly how it's done is platform specific but nothing one needs to worry about.
davidekholm

Posted: 18-Nov-2017 09:24   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
One more tiny piece of the puzzle - the skin.properties editor needs to include the entry for supporting separate theme images.

BTW, where is the code for that? The new skin I'm working on requires a license key, and it would be nice for a user to be able to store that in the skin properties, rather than being forced to save this skin as the default, with an entry for the license key in the GUI. I could just hijack the company field, which is otherwise unused.

I'll include those in the sharp release.
jGromit

Posted: 18-Nov-2017 14:58   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
But then it wouldn't survive skin updates. There is a persistence API in Java called Preferences API which I recommend using. It's cross platform and persists any data to disk. Exactly how it's done is platform specific but nothing one needs to worry about.

In a way, this comes back to an old feature request. Right now, a user can Save as default, and preserve all of his settings, even through skin updates (assuming variables don't change, or if they do, that the skin developer hasn't coded to update them upon loading). But you can do that for only one skin.

Not sure how it would look, but it would be nice to be able to save your defaults for Tiger, save your defaults for Gromit, and so on. Whichever skin you choose, it would remember all of your preferred settings for that skin.
terokinnunen

Posted: 18-Nov-2017 15:12   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
Windows 10 shows the well known startup error which I and terokinnunen (see here) did report earlier, after an update from version 14.

To solve it, the same recipe as reported above: after uninstalling and reinstalling the problem was gone.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 16-Nov-2017 22:06

Interesting. I've never seen that issue reported by anyone else (but I trust you naturally). I've updated the Windows installer to the latest version now, see if it helps.

I have never seen this issue before even though having updated jAlbum over previous install many times. Now it is consistently reproducible in my two Windows 10 computers when installing http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum-install.exe (SHA256: A4971A6E3F3F70FCBA12A724A7FF286D1631C5710E48C455B5522E38B81D2F7A) over 14.1.10.

The problem is still the same, jre64\bin\server\jvm.dll missing. Steps to reproduce here: https://jalbum.net/forum/message.jspa?messageID=321884#321884

Just discovered alternative workaround. Run the installer again and choose "Repair". That fixes the problem.
davidekholm

Posted: 18-Nov-2017 16:51   in response to: terokinnunen in response to: terokinnunen
jAlbum 15 has been released. See https://jalbum.net/software/release-notes

This thread will now be locked.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums