Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 356 - Pages: 24 [ Previous | 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ] - Last Post: 18-Nov-2017 16:56 Last Post By: davidekholm
davidekholm

Re: jAlbum 14.2 beta for testing
Posted: 11-Nov-2017 20:46   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
André, did you use the code I passed for generating theme images? If you did, then jAlbum should process the same file that JAlbumUtilities.getThemeObject returns. YOU can control where the resulting file is put and how it's named.
AndreWolff

Posted: 11-Nov-2017 20:51   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
André, did you use the code I passed for generating theme images?
I use exactly your code in this message
karlmistelberger

Posted: 11-Nov-2017 21:40   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Karl, I'll make a handler for that error. It again seems to be a broken image.

I doubt that the error is caused by a broken image. I am using a pristine account which is unaware of any jpegs on the machine. The only album it knows about is Sample Portfolio.

Please open Preferences->Advanced and ask jAlbum to attempt to use the native file chooser instead.

The native file chooser indeed works. However it aborts on Zeta Ophiuchi.jpg claiming:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (-1) and height (-1) must be > 0

Checking the file reports:
jalbum@hofkirchen:~> file /home/Albums/test/Zeta\ Ophiuchi.jpg 
/home/Albums/test/Zeta Ophiuchi.jpg: JPEG image data, Exif Standard: [TIFF image data, big-endian, direntries=17, height=3637, bps=0, compression=LZW, PhotometricIntepretation=RGB, orientation=upper-left, width=4015], baseline, precision 8, 4015x3637, frames 3
jalbum@hofkirchen:~> 

So indeed jAlbum claims width = -1 and height -1, while every other application insists on width = 4015 and height = 3637.
davidekholm

Posted: 11-Nov-2017 22:00   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
Please attach the image
karlmistelberger

Posted: 11-Nov-2017 22:09   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Please attach the image

• The attached image is handled well by v14.1.3. It also causes no problem when used as the single image in a new project with v14.2b13.

• But trying to add it using the Add button causes v14.2b13 to abort with the message reported earlier. And the project created will not build.

• The error of v14.2b13 definitely occurs only if jAlbum tries to generate a thumbnail

Edited by: karlmistelberger on 12-Nov-2017 07:17
jGromit

Posted: 11-Nov-2017 22:54   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Please attach the image

We're going in circles here, thanks to Karl. These are the two problem images I posted about here:

https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=53299

Despite all of Karl's condescending nonsense about how it must be a Windows thing, or some sort of user problem, this is an easily-reproducible, cross-platform error that did not occur in earlier versions of jAlbum.
AndreWolff

Posted: 12-Nov-2017 05:46   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Attachment folderimage.jpg (44.2 KB)
Attachment FolderPanel.PNG (56.8 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
André, did you use the code I passed for generating theme images? If you did, then jAlbum should process the same file that JAlbumUtilities.getThemeObject returns. YOU can control where the resulting file is put and how it's named.
Yes David, and I think I know what the problem is:

The size of my original theme image is 8318x2845
I use slide image bounds of 1920x1920
For the theme image I selected 1920x500

I think your code takes a piece of 1920x500 from the original image.

But I think you should convert the original image first to a 1920x1920 slide image and next take a piece of 1920x500 from the converted original image.

Only in that case you get the cropped theme image showed in the Theme Image box of the folder panel (see attached screenshot).
jGromit

Posted: 12-Nov-2017 14:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
David, sorry I haven't been doing much testing of the theme image support, especially since that's been one of my pet requests for years. I've been working on a new skin, and got diverted (see, you're not the only one who gets distracted by bright, shiny objects!).

I'm clearly doing something wrong, but I don't seem to be able to change the theme image dimensions under program control. I've meddled with Minimal - "tinker" version attached. I added the folderImageSize variable to the About panel, and created a postdir.bsh to generate the image. So far, so good. I get an output image properly cropped and bounded.

But then I put a simple checkbox on the About panel to change the dimensions from 1600x200 to 1600x400, with a StateMonitor() and a little message to the console. No matter what I do, the generated theme image remains stubbornly bounded by 1600x200. Even deleting it from the output doesn't produce a new image with different bounds.

Which piece of the puzzle am I missing?

Edit: I've also added a console message from postdir.bsh, and that tells the tale - the changed dimensions just aren't getting there. New .jaskin attached.

EditEdit: Never mind - I cracked it. Though it seems redundant, it's also necessary to do:
folderImageSize.setText("1600 x 400");
Still seems odd that resetting the engine's dimensions is ineffective. In fact, it's not necessary at all, except to change the crop focus display.
AndreWolff

Posted: 12-Nov-2017 15:39   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Yes David, and I think I know what the problem is:

The size of my original theme image is 8318x2845
I use slide image bounds of 1920x1920
For the theme image I selected 1920x500

I think your code takes a piece of 1920x500 from the original image.

But I think you should convert the original image first to a 1920x1920 slide image and next take a piece of 1920x500 from the converted original image.

Only in that case you get the cropped theme image showed in the Theme Image box of the folder panel (see attached screenshot).

David, to make it easy for you to check the problems with the Theme image, I ported part of the Slide Show 4 skin implementation to the Minimal skin. The jaskin file is attached.

You see here a Minimal test album with large images. I used the new Minimal Theme image settings showed in screenshot MinimalThemeImageSettings the resulting Theme image js_theme.jpg is also attached. The slide image bounds are 1920x1920.
If you compare js_theme.jpg with the theme image showed in the folder, screenshot FolderPanel, you see the problem.

If you use it with smaller images like in the portfolio album it looks better, but I see there other problems:

If you start a new project with folders, all folders show in the he Image box an undimmed image, but currentFolder.getProperties().get("themeImagePath") returns void.
If I next shift the image in the image box and make the album, it returns a path. That is the reason that you see no theme image for the Objects and Nature folders.
But if you see once a theme image, there is no way to remove the theme image again

Edit:
The original Vecht_Sahara_140328_1024-2 image used to make the theme image is also attached.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 12-Nov-2017 16:09

Edit:
The original image was too big, so the same image ( 8318x2845) with lower quality added

See here how the portfolio album looks with this large image as theme image. This is the same large image as used for the first album.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 12-Nov-2017 17:21

Edit: Minimal.jaskin file replaced by an improved version.
However this new version does not solve the problems reported above, see here

Edited by: AndreWolff on 14-Nov-2017 08:46
RobM

Posted: 12-Nov-2017 22:02   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Bug in 14.b13: when setting crop focus.
Open the sample portfolio and then a subfolder, select the 'Use as thumbnail' thumbnail and then select the crop focus.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1838)
	at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseFloat(FloatingDecimal.java:122)
	at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Float.java:451)
	at net.jalbum.cropfocus.JCropFocusDialog.init(JCropFocusDialog.java:162)
	at net.jalbum.cropfocus.JCropFocusDialog.<init>(JCropFocusDialog.java:118)
	at net.jalbum.cropfocus.CropFocusPlugin$1.actionPerformed(CropFocusPlugin.java:52)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:842)
	at com.apple.laf.AquaMenuItemUI.doClick(AquaMenuItemUI.java:157)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:886)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6533)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6298)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2237)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2295)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4889)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4526)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4467)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2281)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:90)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

If you move the folder properties theme image preview slightly you can use the crop focus tool without getting the error.
jGromit

Posted: 12-Nov-2017 22:24   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:

I can reproduce that, but strangely not every time. I'm not sure what the difference is. For example, launch jAlbum, load the Sample Portfolio, open the Objects folder, select the clock face, and then choose Set crop focus. That one works for me, every time. Virtually all the others fail.

And yes, moving the theme image crop focus around a bit clears up the problem, but you have to do it every time you try to set the crop focus on a thumbnail.
RobM

Posted: 12-Nov-2017 22:27   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
David, when dragging an image to the theme image holder can the crop focus for that image be set to theme image?
RobM

Posted: 12-Nov-2017 22:28   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:

I can reproduce that, but strangely not every time. I'm not sure what the difference is. For example, launch jAlbum, load the Sample Portfolio, open the Objects folder, select the clock face, and then choose Set crop focus. That one works for me, every time. Virtually all the others fail.

And yes, moving the theme image crop focus around a bit clears up the problem, but you have to do it every time you try to set the crop focus on a thumbnail.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I had corrupted something somehow :)
jGromit

Posted: 13-Nov-2017 00:38   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Attachment cropFocus.png (331.4 KB)
Attachment folderimage.jpg (34.4 KB)
I believe that what we're gradually uncovering here is a long-uncorrected problem with the fixed-shape filter. I've posted about it before, but it's never been addressed. https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=49192

Here's a clear example. The theme image bounds are set to 1600x400, so we should get a 4:1 image. The crop focus shows a 4:1 mask over the image, which should indicate what the processed image will contain - a bit of the foreground, and the mountain range. But what it produces, folderimage.jpg, is quite different, indeed.

Original image for download: https://jgromit.jalbum.net/dv02.jpg
davidekholm

Posted: 13-Nov-2017 19:26   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
karlmistelberger wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Please attach the image

• The attached image is handled well by v14.1.3. It also causes no problem when used as the single image in a new project with v14.2b13.

Fixed in b14. Get it from http://jalbum.net/download/beta/jalbum-core.jar
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums