Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 81 - Pages: 6 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] - Last Post: 28 Oct 17, 14:37 Last Post By: JeffTucker
AndreWolff

Re: Photo Spheres for jAlbum 14.2
Posted: 24 Oct 17, 17:15   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
With this being aimed directly at 360 degree cameras though all of the stitching issues are gone. For anyone not using such a camera the only reasonable chance of getting good images is a fisheye lens, or maybe a 10mm to 20mm lens.
Well, I made the 3th panorama in this test album with an Olympus OM-D camera with a 14-150 mm zoom lens set on 14 mm in portrait mode.
gvmelle

Posted: 24 Oct 17, 22:51   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa
It's called Street view on iOS and works pretty well.
jimberry

Posted: 25 Oct 17, 04:05   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:
As for Google Street view, I was peeved they came round the back of my house - up a single lane access track - and took pictures of my back garden without my permission. How can I get a royalty payment? ;)

You can request that they blur the image of your house and garden, though I haven't found an easy URL to make such a request. I'm sure they'd rather not deal with it. ;)

I believe that faces and car number-plates are usually blurred but some apparently get missed by the automated process.
How it is done :-)

How to ask for missed items to be blurred
JeffTucker

Posted: 25 Oct 17, 04:12   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

When asking for a face or license plate to be blurred, I understand the process, since those are supposed to be blurred no matter what. So, a request by anyone would be honored. But if you're asking for your house to be blurred, I wonder how they can determine that you're actually the owner of the house in question?
AndreWolff

Posted: 25 Oct 17, 11:17   in response to: gvmelle in response to: gvmelle
gvmelle wrote:
Thanks for this hint. I could not find that app on my iPad, because the filter was set on only iPad apps. This is an iPhone app, so you have to set the filter to iPhone to find it.

I made now with this app the same test panorama as I made yesterday with an Olympus camera. The result is in this test album: click on the 5th thumbnail and next on the expand button.
The result of this app is indeed not bad.
AnCa

Posted: 25 Oct 17, 13:07   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
gvmelle wrote:
Thanks for this hint. I could not find that app on my iPad, because the filter was set on only iPad apps. This is an iPhone app, so you have to set the filter to iPhone to find it.

I made now with this app the same test panorama as I made yesterday with an Olympus camera. The result is in this test album: click on the 5th thumbnail and next on the expand button.
The result of this app is indeed not bad.

As I said, the app probably works well if you don't have any object closer than 5 meters, so it is suited well for street view photos, where you stand in the middle of a road. Or in the middle of a lawn. :)
AndreWolff

Posted: 25 Oct 17, 13:15   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa
AnCa wrote:
As I said, the app probably works well if you don't have any object closer than 5 meters, so it is suited well for street view photos, where you stand in the middle of a road. Or in the middle of a lawn. :)
Indeed, I tried it first inside my house and that was a disaster!
The only problem now for me is that I can’t run the link in an iFrame.

Can I display the result of this app as slide page in the upcoming jAlbum 14.2 with Photo Spheres?
AnCa

Posted: 25 Oct 17, 13:51   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
Can I display the result of this app as slide page in the upcoming jAlbum 14.2 with Photo Spheres?
I could only get a low res (800x400) version of the Street view image I made, but that one was recognised by jAlbum as a 360 image, so yes, at least if you could get a high resolution version.
gvmelle

Posted: 25 Oct 17, 14:30   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I don't think that discussing the quality of a 360° 3D photo is relevant. I myself use Google Street view to make high resolution Sphere photos of landscapes, and LG360 cam photos for interior. See e.g. https://goo.gl/maps/H6GXkWuWtjr

What's more important is how you can show them in a jAlbum. I used Tiger to test and got after some struggling a less than perfect pages with no left and bottom padding, i.e. the picture was overflowing the left and bottom borders. (see region capture 1.png)

After editing the code with Google Inspect (see region capture 2.png) : I changed the iframe width and height to 100% (probably forbidden in HTML5) (see region capture 2a.png) and that gave me a better view of the picture. (see region capture 3.png)

As I wrote elsewhere on this forum, I use the viewer form Jérémy Heleine which is very good: http://jeremyheleine.me/#photo-sphere-viewer. There you can zoom in and out.
AnCa

Posted: 25 Oct 17, 15:02   in response to: gvmelle in response to: gvmelle
gvmelle wrote:
As I wrote elsewhere on this forum, I use the viewer form Jérémy Heleine which is very good: http://jeremyheleine.me/#photo-sphere-viewer. There you can zoom in and out.
That was a very nice viewer! I like that you can zoom in and out. I'm missing that from the Google VR viewer we use now.
gvmelle

Posted: 25 Oct 17, 16:07   in response to: gvmelle in response to: gvmelle
here two examples of the viewer of Jérémy Heleine: one with a photo from the LG360cam: https://goo.gl/m8ZRS8

and one taken with the Google street view app on my iPhone 7: https://goo.gl/RgZtPM
svendus

Posted: 26 Oct 17, 09:49   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Attachment checkbox.jpg (139.1 KB)
Hi David Good News
but i must be blind and do not find this
within jAlbum and tick the "Photo Sphere" checkbox under the "Photo Sphere" property panel ?

Regards Svendus
RobM

Posted: 26 Oct 17, 10:01   in response to: svendus in response to: svendus
svendus wrote:
Hi David Good News
but i must be blind and do not find this
within jAlbum and tick the "Photo Sphere" checkbox under the "Photo Sphere" property panel ?
Select the 360 degree image in jAlbum and then select ‘Edit’ mode, the Photo Sphere control panel is on the right. The property panel only appears for images with the required 2:1 aspect ratio (360 by 180 degrees).
svendus

Posted: 26 Oct 17, 10:08   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Ok Thank You all the images ar already checked
but we get this error

An unexpected error occurred. Please see detailed description below:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
RobM

Posted: 26 Oct 17, 10:12   in response to: svendus in response to: svendus
svendus wrote:
Ok Thank You all the images ar already checked