Permlink Replies: 255 - Pages: 18 [ Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] - Last Post: 01-Jul-2017 23:34 Last Post By: davidekholm
Laza

Re: jAlbum 14 beta for testing
Posted: 16-Jun-2017 12:35   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
We might want to update the Skin Property Editor widget to include the missing fields.

• skinFamily is the family the skin belongs to - it will keep the skin variables (of same name) during switch within the skin family
  • preventCopy is a list of skin variables that are not allowed to be imported, e.g. facebook App Id, PayPal ID and such
  • skinModel is a pointer to a java class (in the "lib" folder) that supposed to contain the skin variable defaults (and their data types)
  • features - is not supported, it was just my proposal of maintaining skin features

the other entries are pretty self-explanatory.
davidekholm

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 12:44   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Check Http://jalbum.net/api and look for SkinProperties. There you have the documentation. skinFamily is however not documented yet. If not specified, the family is the same as the skin's name so all skins belongs to some family
jGromit

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 12:56   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
That API section has a couple of errors.

TRUE_ORIGINAL_PATH: the description makes no sense at all. It sounds like it's describing ENABLE_THUMBNAIL_LAYOUT, which works, but is not documented. I don't know what TRUE_ORIGINAL_PATH is for.

Edit: Did a little digging. TRUE_ORIGINAL_PATH (in skin.properties, trueOriginalPath) was introduced in jAlbum 9 (I believe).

If it's set to true, then originalPath will point only to an original image, if it exists (link to originals, link to originals via scaled, include original, or use original). If it's set to false, then originalPath will point to either the original image (if it exists), or to the hi-res image (if no actual original is there).

Once again, can't we put the hi-res images out of their misery, and eliminate that option? ;)
AndreWolff

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 16:35   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
To test weblocations I made this album of albums.
The 4 web locations are standard jAlbum albums, for instance the first album is this album.

I have two questions:

1. Why do have all images in the Explorer a superimposed Earth image, see enclosed GhostImagesInExplorer.PNG ?
2. Why are there 4 .webloc files in the output directory? If I delete these files, I see no difference in the final display of the album.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 16-Jun-2017 17:42:

I thought that the Earth image was coming from the Google Earth icons I use on the web location albums, but now I realize that this indicates a web location image!
Personally I think that image is far too large, I prefer to see the thumbnail without a superimposed image!
AndreWolff

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 16:46   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Check Http://jalbum.net/api and look for SkinProperties. There you have the documentation. skinFamily is however not documented yet. If not specified, the family is the same as the skin's name so all skins belongs to some family
Are all names allowed, for instance the name of the creator of these skins?
AndreWolff

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 19:17   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
There is a problem with web location text fields:

In the Explorer I can fill the Title field and the Comment field of a web location, but if I generate the album, these texts are not in the fileTitle and comment fields variables of web location image.
Only the file name can be displayed below a web location image, but with '%20' for the spaces.

See my album of albums.
jGromit

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 19:27   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Attachment ss002943.png (246.5 KB)
AndreWolff wrote:
There is a problem with web location text fields:

Works just like titles and comments on any album object. Attached screenshot from Minimal (with https://jgromit.com as the webloc).
AndreWolff

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 19:29   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Attachment jAlbum14.PNG (451.6 KB)
Attachment jAlbum13.10.PNG (415.9 KB)
Attachment Metadata.PNG (36.2 KB)
Yes, I know, there seems to be another problem. I will investigate it further.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 16-Jun-2017 22:41:

I have all images of my project and the project file in one directory.
On my PC with jAlbum14 are no comments visible, see screen dump jAlbum14.PNG

If I copy this directory with these images and project file to my laptop with jAlbum13.10 I see all the comments, see screen dump jAlbum13.10.PNG

The albums generated with the same project file are of course also different: the jAlbum 14 version shows no comments!

I did this experiment again with another directory with images and the project file: the same problem

I don't understand this at all!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 16-Jun-2017 23:18:

With jAlbum 14 I did another experiment:

In a new directory I copied all images from a the image directory used above. Next I copied the project file to the new directory, I entered a comment for a number of slides and made the album with jAlbum14.
The generated album did not show these comments.
Next I closed the project and stated the project again: all comments were disappeared in the Explorer.

Apparently the entered comments are not correctly saved. I heve never seen this with jAlbum 13.
In which file can I find the comments?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 17-Jun-2017 01:14

I found the solution!

jAlbum is a very user unfriendly program: it let me enter 20 comments without giving me a warning that the input will not be saved, because the jAlbum (Text file) check mark is not set!!
jAlbum should give a warning if you enter a comment and that check mark is not set or even better it should set that check mark automatically.

However jAlbum 14 has a definitely a problem: as you can see in the screen shot metadata.PNG the EXIF Image Desc. check mark is set and most of my images do contain the comment in the EXIF comment field, see the jAlbum 13 screen dump jAlbum13.10.PNG
jGromit

Posted: 17-Jun-2017 00:30   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
There is one situation in which you can avoid that, and that situation is the one in which your album consists of nothing but links to other pages. I do it myself when generating my album demo pages. These are true "albums of albums," in which each thumbnail is just a link to an independent album. No need for any slide pages or images.

So, I select Link to originals, de-select Copy originals, and de-select Make slides. jAlbum warns me that I'm about to do a bad thing, because it doesn't understand what I'm up to. But I end up with an index.html, the necessary res items, a collection of thumbnails, and nothing else. :)

In fact, it might be nice if jAlbum could provide an "album of albums" checkbox, which would automatically select these options, and turn off the "you sure you want to do this, bunky?" message. Hint, hint.
jGromit

Posted: 17-Jun-2017 01:22   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
jAlbum is a very user unfriendly program: it let me enter 20 comments without giving me a warning that the input will not be saved, because the jAlbum (Text file) check mark is not set!!*

Incorrect. The inputs were saved, in the comments.properties file. They just weren't used as a comment source for the album.

... it should set that check mark automatically.

That is the default setting.

Are you a new user? You seem to be unfamiliar with the application.
jGromit

Posted: 17-Jun-2017 01:32   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Attachment ss002945.png (15.9 KB)
Attachment ss002946.png (20.2 KB)
Attachment ss002947.png (109.4 KB)
AndreWolff wrote:
However jAlbum 14 has a definitely a problem: as you can see in the screen shot metadata.PNG the EXIF Image Desc. check mark is set and most of my images do contain the comment in the EXIF comment field, see the jAlbum 13 screen dump jAlbum13.10.PNG

I agree. jAlbum14 does not appear to be detecting the presence of an EXIF Image Description. The metadata extractor knows it's there.
jGromit

Posted: 17-Jun-2017 01:35   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Attachment bears1.jpg (71.9 KB)
And the image in question, for them what wants to try it.
mrag

Posted: 17-Jun-2017 04:35   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Is any of this remotely related to jAlbum NOT recognizing any comments, author, title that may be entered directly on the image using the marginally used Microsoft's 'Picture tools' (as in Win10 file explorer)?
jGromit

Posted: 17-Jun-2017 04:37   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag
mrag wrote:
Is any of this remotely related to jAlbum NOT recognizing any comments, author, title that may be entered directly on the image using Microsoft's 'Picture tools' (as in Win10 file explorer)?

No.
AndreWolff

Posted: 17-Jun-2017 09:10   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
Incorrect. The inputs were saved, in the comments.properties file. They just weren't used as a comment source for the album.
They are indeed saved in the comment.properties file, but that is not clear for the user:
just before he closes the project he sees the comments in the Explorer, but if he reopens the project again, they are not showed in the Explorer, so the logical conclusion is: they are not saved.
So jAlbum should always show the entered comments, even if the comment check mark is not set. How else is is it clear that comment is available?
... it should set that check mark automatically.

That is the default setting.

I mean it should be set automatically if you enter comment while the check mark is not set.
jAlbum should at least give a warning in that case.
What is the point of submitting comments and then not using it?
Are you a new user? You seem to be unfamiliar with the application.
No, but I am used to use user friendly applications.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums