Permlink Replies: 255 - Pages: 18 [ Previous | 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] - Last Post: 01-Jul-2017 23:34 Last Post By: davidekholm
karlmistelberger

Re: jAlbum 14 beta for testing
Posted: 15-Jun-2017 15:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
karlmistelberger wrote:

Moving from Turtle to the new Tiger skin results in the following error message:

Please bring that info straight to Laza by posting in the Tiger skin forum.

This information has already been posted on 20-May-2017 11:10

http://jalbum.net/forum/message.jspa?messageID=316601#316601

davidekholm

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 15:31   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Paging should always be respected unless the "start" attribute is specified

That's certainly a surprise. It never used to! Using any attribute like nodirs used to cause paging to be ignored. I don't recall a bug fix, but it does seem to be behaving now.

I guess it's time to cross one old item off my hit list.

https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=37567

I checked the ultimate documentation - the source code :-)
jGromit

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 15:36   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I love it when you do bug fixes without telling anyone. That fileiterator "range" problem was definitely still there in 2013, which was the last time I tested it (in my own skins, I'm generally not using jAlbum scripting to iterate), and posted about it.
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 16:33   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
I love it when you do bug fixes without telling anyone. That fileiterator "range" problem was definitely still there in 2013, which was the last time I tested it (in my own skins, I'm generally not using jAlbum scripting to iterate), and posted about it.

Sorry, don't even know if the behavior ever been different. If I have corrected it, it must have been long ago.
AndreWolff

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 17:39   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
David,

in this message http://jalbum.net/forum/message.jspa?messageID=315156#315156 you promissed to remove the Set Crop Focus ... from extensions to the main menu, but I see this item in version 14 still in the old place!
AndreWolff

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 20:33   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I think there is a problem with fetching the location information in version 14:

With the Slide Show 4 skin I make an array of GPS locations with the code below. This is old code which works fine in version 12 and 13, but with version 14 I get an empty array.

Apparently global variable 'location' does no longer exist in version 14!

If I replace below 'location' into 'gpsLocation' the code works again under version 14, but now the skin cannot be used in old jAlbum versions, so why is location removed? Is version 14 no longer backwards compatible with previous versions?

<ja:if test="<%= showLocation %>">
var gMap = [<ja:fileiterator start="0" >
 <ja:if exists="gpsLatitude">
  <%
  loc= getLocation();
  %>
'${loc}',
 </ja:if>
 <ja:else>'',</ja:else></ja:fileiterator>
];
</ja:if>

and in init.bsh:

String formatGps(String coord) {
	if (isEmpty(coord)) return null;
	int i;
	String[] s = coord.split("[°\'\" ]", 4);
	double degrees = 0L, minutes = 0L;
	float seconds = 0.0f;
	try {
		degrees = Double.parseDouble(s[0]);
		if(s.length > 1) 
			minutes = Double.parseDouble(s[1]);
		if(s.length > 2)
			seconds = Float.parseFloat(s[2]);
	}
	catch (NumberFormatException e) {
		log("Number error", e);
		return null;
	}
	java.text.DecimalFormat df = new java.text.DecimalFormat("0.00");
	df.setDecimalSeparatorAlwaysShown(false);
	df.setMaximumFractionDigits(5);
	return (df.format(degrees + (minutes * 60 + seconds) / 3600)).replace(',', '.');
}

String getLocation() {
	String lon, lat, lonr, latr;
	if ( location != void && location.matches("([-\\d.]+),\\s*([-\\d.]+)"))
		return location;
	else if (meta != void && !isEmpty(meta) &&
		!isEmpty(lat = meta.get("GPS.GPS Latitude")) &&
		!isEmpty(lon = meta.get("GPS.GPS Longitude")) &&
		(lat = formatGps(lat)) != null &&
		(lon = formatGps(lon)) != null )
		 {
			if ((latr = meta.get("GPS.GPS Latitude Ref")) != null && latr.equals("S")) lat = "-" + lat;
			if ((lonr = meta.get("GPS.GPS Longitude Ref")) != null && lonr.equals("W")) lon = "-" + lon;
			return (lat + "," + lon).replaceAll("--", "");
		 }
	return null;
}
jGromit

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 21:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
The gpsLocation variable was introduced in jAlbum 11.2.5.

https://jalbum.net/help/en/Variables

No one should be running any version before that, anyway.
Dschuwi

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 22:18   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:

David, this is what I've been driving at (in my email, for example). A skin developer shouldn't have to create his own array of objects, simply to avoid creating a slide page for an object that should never have one. We don't have to take special measures to avoid creating slide pages for folders, or for "about" or "contact" pages. Why should we have to stand on our heads to avoid creating a slide page for a webloc object?

A webloc should behave like a folder. The thumbnail for it is just a link to another page. It's not part of the slideshow.

I haven't played with it too much, so I dont't know whether it is possible anyway, but it could be useful to enable *.thm files for weblocs, thus being able to use them in a slideshow for preview screenshots of the actual linked web page.
jGromit

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 22:31   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi
Dschuwi wrote:
I haven't played with it too much, so I dont't know whether it is possible anyway, but it could be useful to enable *.thm files for weblocs, thus being able to use them in a slideshow for preview screenshots of the actual linked web page.

It's easier than that, happily. If you edit the webloc, you can choose any representing image you like for it - you don't have to accept the automatically generated one from the page itself. It gets stored in the .jalbum/cache directory of the project (a bit risky, in my opinion).

If you actually do end up with a slide page for the webloc (and I still vigorously maintain that there should be no such abomination!), you get a regular scaled image, using the image bounds.
RobM

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 22:57   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi
Dschuwi wrote:
jGromit wrote:
A webloc should behave like a folder. The thumbnail for it is just a link to another page. It's not part of the slideshow.

See the wiki Edit page ;)
RobM

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 23:02   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
If you actually do end up with a slide page for the webloc (and I still vigorously maintain that there should be no such abomination!), you get a regular scaled image, using the image bounds.
I fully agree, whilst I have eliminated them from the slide navigation methods the pages & images are still created and uploaded - I'd rather not have to include code to remove them from the project myself.
jGromit

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 23:11   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
jGromit wrote:
I fully agree, whilst I have eliminated them from the slide navigation methods the pages & images are still created and uploaded - I'd rather not have to include code to remove them from the project myself.

There is one situation in which you can avoid that, and that situation is the one in which your album consists of nothing but links to other pages. I do it myself when generating my album demo pages. These are true "albums of albums," in which each thumbnail is just a link to an independent album. No need for any slide pages or images.

So, I select Link to originals, de-select Copy originals, and de-select Make slides. jAlbum warns me that I'm about to do a bad thing, because it doesn't understand what I'm up to. But I end up with an index.html, the necessary res items, a collection of thumbnails, and nothing else. :)
RobM

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 00:08   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
  • "Skin family" mechanism allowing skins belonging to the same family to share the same project settings. This simplifies moving from one skin to another without having to re-enter the same settings. This applies when moving from Turtle to the new Tiger skin for instance. Just open an existing Turtle project and switch to Tiger, then make the album again. ("Skin family" is a skin property)
If you load Tiger/Turtle skin and then open (edit) the skin properties file the skinFamily property is not shown.
AndreWolff

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 09:18   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Attachment skinFamily.PNG (52.7 KB)
RobM wrote:
If you load Tiger/Turtle skin and then open (edit) the skin properties file the skinFamily property is not shown.
Incorrect, see attached file.

But I wonder where I can find the description of all these keywords!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 16-Jun-2017 09:19
RobM

Posted: 16-Jun-2017 10:01   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
Incorrect, see attached file.

But I wonder where I can find the description of all these keywords!

Obviously the skin.properties file has that entry, but if you use Menu/Tools/Skin developer/Edit skin properties
Then it is not shown.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums