This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 02-Feb-2017 09:19 Last Post By: davidekholm
CLOSED_USER

Fotomoto plus responsive and swipe skin?
Posted: 29-Jan-2017 19:20

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've been testing ja out, and am not able to find a skin that is responsive, will swipe, and allows fotomoto settings. Turtle has fm, responsive has responsive, but can't find a skin that has both.

Since more than half of web visitors view sites via mobile devices, I'm surprised that mobile features are standard all all skins, but that's a discussion for another day.

Are there skins that have both fotomoto option and have mobile features?

If not, would it be easier for a newbie such as myself to modify Turtle to be responsive, or to add photomoto from turtle to a skin that is already responsive?

Thanks,
bw
jGromit

Re: Fotomoto plus responsive and swipe skin?
Posted: 29-Jan-2017 20:02   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

I can't really speak to the issue of incorporating Fotomoto, since I've never worked with their API. From a brief visit to their website, however, it looks like plugging FM into a site with dynamically-displayed images is not a simple matter. In a skin like Minimal, in which each slide image occupies its own web page, it's probably much easier to manage.

On the subject of Turtle, however, things are clearer. Laza is working on Turtle 6, which he says will be responsive. No target date as far as I know. But I can guarantee that trying to "tinker" the Turtle 5 thumbnail page into being responsive would be something of a nightmare. It really requires a fairly thorough restructing of the code.
CLOSED_USER

Posted: 29-Jan-2017 20:29   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for the quick reply. From the FotoMoto site, on this page
http://www.fotomoto.com/home/how
it says that jalbum supports them, but in fact, only Laca Molnar's Turtle Skin works with it.

For a regular webpage, you just have to copy a code snippet to a page that displays an image. Don't know if that's what you call an api, but if I have time, I'll try pasting it into a new test skin to see what happens.

I guess I'll choose responsive over FotoMoto for now, and see whether one of the responsive themes adopts FotoMoto, or wait for turtle to become responsive. (Judging from the name, it could be awhile. : )

I'm helping a friend decide which program to replace his current software, and his uses FotoMoto, but isn't responsive.

Thanks for your help,
bw

Edited by: billwill on 29-Jan-2017 20:30
RobM

Posted: 29-Jan-2017 20:38   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER
Helpful
Just to be sure you know, jAlbum hosting with password protection is not compatible with Fototmoto. From the jAlbum link on Fotomoto's site

'Password protect the originals folder on your server
Now your files are ready to share with Fotomoto, but first you might want to make the folder password-protected. Note, this step will not work on jalbum.net, because jalbum.net's way of protecting folders is different from what Fotomoto can handle. Just use a folder name to store the originals (see above) which is hard to guess.'
CLOSED_USER

Posted: 29-Jan-2017 22:05   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thanks Rob. That's good to know.

Gromit -

I am now exploring your Gromit skin. I pasted the code from the FotoMoto site right before the </body> tag as they instruct, and the buy button shows up under the slide as expected.

I could do a find/replace in Dreamweaver to handle all the slide pages, but is it easy to just paste it into the skin somehow?

Also, the site has a a header and a footer that are both included in all the pages of the site. Is there a way to edit the skin to produce files with a php extension instead of html?
jGromit

Posted: 29-Jan-2017 22:16   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

I am now exploring your Gromit skin. I pasted the code from the FotoMoto site right before the </body> tag as they instruct, and the buy button shows up under the slide as expected.

I could do a find/replace in Dreamweaver to handle all the slide pages, but is it easy to just paste it into the skin somehow?

See Gromit > Code > Slide Page > HTML Body Closing. BTW, there's a complete online manual at https://jgromit.com/gromit/man/, with context-sensitive help on each page of the settings - click the blue ? at upper right.

Also, the site has a a header and a footer that are both included in all the pages of the site. Is there a way to edit the skin to produce files with a php extension instead of html?

See Album > Settings > Advanced > Naming.
CLOSED_USER

Posted: 29-Jan-2017 22:19   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Just found the path to the html to php question. Here it is if someone else wants to know:
Found it: Album > Settings > Advanced > Naming
RobM

Posted: 29-Jan-2017 22:22   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

jAlbum itself obviously also has context sensitive help, the help pages can be found here, http://jalbum.net/help/en/jAlbum/Welcome
atFotomoto

Posted: 01-Feb-2017 17:58   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

Hi billwill,

Derek from Fotomoto here - just saw your thread and thought I'd chime in.

First, Fotomoto is fully-compatible with the Turtle theme. It's possible to incorporate it in to other themes, but I'm not aware of any others where it has been as nicely-integrated as in Turtle.

As for responsiveness, the Fotomoto shopping cart Widget which appears on your page after a user clicks "Buy", is a fixed-width design but should be easily-navigable by swiping or scrolling side-to-side if the whole cart isn't visible at first.

If you or anyone else needs assistance from the Fotomoto end of things, please do email Fotomoto support and we'll be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Derek
davidekholm

Posted: 02-Feb-2017 09:19   in response to: atFotomoto in response to: atFotomoto

Happy to have you here Derek, showing interest in integrations!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums