Permlink Replies: 27 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 01-Nov-2016 13:32 Last Post By: jGromit
mrag

Re: Remaking several album projects
Posted: 08-Oct-2016 15:55   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
On the batch tool, what does the "Cancel" button accomplish? And this tool will only work with "recent projects?" How does one add older projects that may not be listed? Sorry if there are obvious answers, it's early here.
jGromit

Posted: 08-Oct-2016 16:02   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag
Haven't tried it, but I'm assuming that if you choose several large projects and turn jAlbum loose remaking them, but then change your mind, you can hit Cancel rather than having to wait until it actually finishes processing all of them.
RobM

Posted: 08-Oct-2016 17:01   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag
mrag wrote:
On the batch tool, what does the "Cancel" button accomplish? And this tool will only work with "recent projects?" How does one add older projects that may not be listed? Sorry if there are obvious answers, it's early here.
If you don't want to manually add projects that are not currently listed you could use the 'Reset recent projects' external tool, see http://jalbum.net/help/en/External_tools
davidekholm

Posted: 10-Oct-2016 09:44   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Please try this updated version of "Batch make album". It seems to fix the issue jGromit reported.

(On user request, I also added a "Force Make All" checkbox, but I don't think it's really needed)
RobM

Posted: 10-Oct-2016 12:58   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Please try this updated version of "Batch make album". It seems to fix the issue jGromit reported.

(On user request, I also added a "Force Make All" checkbox, but I don't think it's really needed)

That fixes Matrix & Gromit as well as the PolyGlot problem, maybe the error message was not accurate as the skin also has a custom GUI.
jGromit

Posted: 10-Oct-2016 13:18   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Yes, that appears to cure the "missing variables" problem. :)
davidekholm

Posted: 10-Oct-2016 13:29   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Good. I actually only removed the commenting from 3 lines of code that manipulates the global context:
        context.setEngine(engine);
        AlbumObjectFactory factory = new AlbumObjectFactory(engine);
        JAlbumContext.getInstance().setAlbumObjectfactory(factory);    
There may be side effects of this change, but let's take one problem at a time
RobM

Posted: 11-Oct-2016 23:31   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
David, is this tool going to be bundled with jAlbum or remain an optional download?
davidekholm

Posted: 12-Oct-2016 12:36   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
David, is this tool going to be bundled with jAlbum or remain an optional download?

It will be bundled with the next release. To avoid having to reinstall tools, you can also put them under config/tools, where "config" is jAlbum's config folder (Tools->Open directories->Config directory)
MarkusD

Posted: 01-Nov-2016 10:35   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
That is a great tool! Thanks.

Even there is not much text involved with this tool, non-english users would like to have a native-language GUI.

I tried to find out which parts have to be translated. Here's my German suggestion:

JCheckBox forceMakeAll = new JCheckBox("Force Make All"); // !!MD "Alles erstellen"
	dialog = new JDialog(window, "Batch make album"); // !!MD "Stapelverarbeitung für Alben"
    JLabel prompt = new JLabel("Select recent projects to batch-make. (Hold down CTRL/CMD and SHIFT to select multiple items)"); // !!MD "Wählen Sie jüngste Alben zur Stapelverarbeitung aus (Betätigen Sie <Strg>/<Cmd> und <Umsch> um mehrere Einträge zu markieren)"
    rightSection.add(new JLabel("Output"), BorderLayout.NORTH); // !!MD "Protokoll"
    JButton startButton = new JButton("Make album projects"); // !!MD "Alben erstellen"
	                Stopwatch timer = new Stopwatch("Make album"); // !!MD "Erstelle Album"
	                Stopwatch totalTimer = new Stopwatch("Make all albums"); // !!MD "Erstelle alle Alben"
					        log.println("\n*** Making " + ap.getName() + " ***\n"); // !!MD "\n*** bearbeite "
	                    	log.println("\n*** Aborted ***"); // !!MD "\n*** abgebrochen ***"
    JButton cancelButton = new JButton("Cancel"); // !!MD "Abbrechen"
davidekholm

Posted: 01-Nov-2016 10:39   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
Thanks Markus.

Do you guys think this tool is generic enough and of enough common use to be promoted into the Album menu?
RobM

Posted: 01-Nov-2016 11:03   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Thanks Markus.

Do you guys think this tool is generic enough and of enough common use to be promoted into the Album menu?

If it was, would it be more consistent to move the 'Share' and 'Upload/Manage' from tools too?
jGromit

Posted: 01-Nov-2016 13:32   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
I could argue this either way, but ultimately I think that any batch process belongs in Tools, since it's not something that applies only to this album.

Upload/manage is a tougher call, since it goes both ways - just this album, but also more general stuff. I have no opinion about Share because I've never used it, in over a decade of jAlbum use.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums