Permlink Replies: 34 - Pages: 3 [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] - Last Post: 20-Apr-2019 22:56 Last Post By: RobM
AndreWolff

Re: Template Pages
Posted: 12-Nov-2014 19:22   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
RobM wrote:
So it is created when usePageStyle ("Enter a specific css selector id #") is not checked.
That explains it, I had it checked in all templates. But the problem is that the users expects that it works without giving a sector id!
If it is checked and you enter a string in templateID, then it uses that selector from the skin.
I know, but my users do not understand this and do not know what to enter, because as you know they do not read the documentation!
RobM

Posted: 12-Nov-2014 19:29   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
So it is created when usePageStyle ("Enter a specific css selector id #") is not checked.
That explains it, I had it checked in all templates. But the problem is that the users expects that it works without giving a sector id!
If it is checked and you enter a string in templateID, then it uses that selector from the skin.
I know, but my users do not understand this and do not know what to enter, because as you know they do not read the documentation!
usePageStyle is unchecked by default so users do not need to enter anything. The usual default when trying something is to just use it as set. How do they look with you skin when the check boxes are left in their default positions?
RobM

Posted: 12-Nov-2014 22:41   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Andre, I have tried all of the templates with your slide show 4 skin and they all display fine without changing any settings.

The bad news is that none of the pages are correctly formed, they are all missing the end head tag and, as you will have noticed the top navigation menu. That is because your page-header.inc file does not have/or link to either element.

All of the templates require the code in, for example, this format
<html>
<html>
    <head>
	<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=${textEncoding}">
	<title>${title}</title>
	<link href="${stylePath}" rel=stylesheet type="text/css">
	<ja:if test="<%= useTemplateHeader != void && usePageStyle != void %>">
	  <ja:if test="<%= !usePageStyle %>">
	    <link href="${templateStyle}" rel=stylesheet type="text/css">
	   </ja:if>
	</ja:if>
    </head>
  <body>
<ja:include page="navigation-bar.inc" /> <%-- Keep this --%>
So you need the html, head and body tags and a link to the navigation-bar.inc file defined outside the templates.

Since you are opening other pages in a new tab you might not want to put in the navigation menu. Or better, open the pages in the same window/tab and include the navigation.

Edited by: RobM on 12-Nov-2014 21:41
AndreWolff

Posted: 12-Nov-2014 23:24   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Rob enclosed is the jaskin file of the current status of the Slide Show 4 skin, with 4 template files based on your templates.
What I still have to do is to correct for a res directory which is not a sub-directory of the output directory and the styles,css file in the template directory should be used by the template files.
And I have to add a company website and I like to handle the image in the contact page in the same way as the about page.

I have always to edit your files because the Slide Show 4 skin opens a folder album in a new window.
RobM

Posted: 13-Nov-2014 00:00   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Right, I see. Hope you get it all sorted. It might make it easier for you if you removed all the code I put in to test for my Notables skin being used.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums