Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29-Oct-2019 16:31 Last Post By: AndreWolff
AndreWolff

Comparing 9 full screen slide-show skins
Posted: 08-Apr-2014 20:11
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
I tested what I think, the best normal responsive skins with a touch screen interface for full screen slide-shows for both PC's, tablets and mobile phones where you don't have to pay to get rid of a nag screen.

I used the same pictures for an album with the PhotoBlogger skin, the Tiger skin, the Fully skin, the MySkin skin, ithe FancyBox skin, the PhotoSwipe skin and the Slide Show 4 skin.

I hope this can help you in selecting a skin.

Enjoy!
AndreWolff

Re: Comparing 6 full screen slide-show skins
Posted: 17-Oct-2019 10:43   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Next to the Pluto and Neptune demo albums, I removed also the MySkin demo album (also no full screen option and outdated skin) and the Fully demo album because it is succeeded by the Lucid skin, which is added.

So what remains are these 6 skins: the PhotoBlogger skin, the Tiger skin, the new Lucid skin, the FancyBox skin, the PhotoSwipe skin and the Slide Show 4 skin.
davidekholm

Re: Comparing 6 full screen slide-show skins
Posted: 17-Oct-2019 10:55   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Thanks for putting this comparison together André
AndreWolff

Re: Comparing 7 full screen slide-show skins
Posted: 21-Oct-2019 18:04   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
I did add the implementation of the album with the Projector skin, so we have now 7 skins with fullscreen and slideshow support:

All these skins do support the display of full-screen light-box images:
For the Tiger, PhotoBlogger and the Projector skin you have to select that in the settings before the album is made, so the viewer can't enable of disable this.
That is different from the other 4 skins:
the Lucid skin has a full-screen button in the upper right corner of the light-box.
With the Slide Show 4 skin, the PhotoSwipe skin and the FancyBox skin the viewer has to open the settings window via the button in the upper right corner (click in the theme image if that button is not visible) and select there only once “Use full screen for a picture: yes” and close the settings window. You can also use the full-screen button in the top of the index page, but that setting is not remembered for the next album.

About the slide-shows:
The PhotoBlogger and Lucid skin do support only one transition type and the viewer can't change the view or transition time
The Tiger skin supports three transition types, but the viewer can't change the type of transition or the view and transition time
The Projector skin supports eight transition types, but the viewer can't change the type of transition or the view and transition time.
The PhotoSwipe skin does not support transitions, but the viewer can select the view time in the settings window.
Both the Slide Show 4 and FancyBox skin do support six transition types which can be selected by the viewer together with the view and transition time.

All skins do support background music, but with the Slide Show 4, PhotoSwipe and FancyBox skin, you can only select one mp3-file.

To investigate more differences I added a web-location showing Wikipedia info, an mp4-video, a YouTube video, a 360° cylindrical panorama photo and a 360° spherical panorama photo.

The Tiger skin, the Photoblogger skin, the Projector skin and the Lucid skin do support web-locations, but not in line with the other images: They are placed in a separate section of the index page. The Lucid skin has no corresponding thumbnail. If you click on the web-location thumbnail or menu item, the website is opened, but there is no 'Back' button. You have to use the browser back button to go back, but that button is not visible in full screen mode (F11).
The Slide Show 4, PhotoSwipe and FancyBox skin do support web-locations in-line and show always a 'Back' button.

YouTube videos are in fact web-locations, so they show the same 'Back' and in-line problems as discussed above.

Mp4-video files are in all seven skins supported in more or less the same way.

For both the Tiger and the Photoblogger skin I did set the 'Auto-detect panoramas' check-mark. The 360° cylindrical panorama photo fills the whole screen if you click the '1:1 size ' or 'Toggle zoom' button and starts moving automatically from right to left and back. For a 360° panorama it should move infinitely in the same direction, but that is not happening.
The Projector skin and the Lucid skins do not support panorama photos.
The Slide Show 4, PhotoSwipe and FancyBox skin do use the same cylindrical panorama viewer. After clicking the expansion button the panorama starts moving on a PC and if it is a 360° panorama it does not stop moving, until the viewer stops it.

All these skins do all have the possibility to show a map of all pictures with GPS information. The Slide Show 4, the PhotoSwipe and the FancyBox skin can show too a possible GPS track both in Google Maps and Google Earth and you can download that track. All these skins can display the GPS position of the current image in the light box except the Lucid skin.

The integrated shopping cart is unique for the Tiger and Photoblogger skin and the 'Search within album' feature is only available the Tiger, the Projector and Photoblogger skin.

This page shows these albums embedded with the embed code displayed by menu Album / Embed album.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 29-Oct-2019 16:30
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums