This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Sep-2013 03:10 Last Post By: jGromit
Manxman

Losing captions/comments
Posted: 07-Sep-2013 23:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am currently working with latest JAlbum 11.4.1 and 4.1 FotoPlayer:-

When opening an earlier made slide show to update it, that was produced on FotoPlayer 3.1 (EG: made 5 plus years ago) I can't access all of the captions/comments.

My aim is to move the captions from the "Description" panel and place them underneath the Pictures.

I have accomplished this before but not any more, now the captions don't appear to be there, yet I know they are still in the "comments-properties" folder ........ A lot of re-typing is involved when dealing in most cases with more than 50 slides.

Is there something that can be done in the "comments-properties" folder that might work? or any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks, Manxman
jGromit

Re: Losing captions/comments
Posted: 08-Sep-2013 00:21   in response to: Manxman in response to: Manxman

Ignoring FotoPlayer for the moment, when you have the album project open, do your entered comments not appear underneath the thumbnails?
Manxman

Posted: 08-Sep-2013 02:35   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

What appears under the thumbnail is the "file number" of each photo, when I select "comment" the comments I previously typed do not appear and the file numbers remain.
jGromit

Posted: 08-Sep-2013 02:37   in response to: Manxman in response to: Manxman

OK. Check the settings under Album > Settings > Advanced > Metadata > Comment Sources. Only jAlbum (Text file) should be checked.
Manxman

Posted: 08-Sep-2013 02:59   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

xmp IPTC Caption EXIF User ............. Are also Checked (as well as jalbum (text file)

I will un-check the other three and let you know the outcome.

Thanks
Manxman

Posted: 08-Sep-2013 03:06   in response to: Manxman in response to: Manxman

BINGO!! Maybe those other three were checked when I upgraded jAlbum to 11.4.1 this morning.

I have never had this type of problem before.

Thank you very much for your help..... I now feel a lot better about updating the rest of my albums.

Ken Harrison (Manxman)
jGromit

Posted: 08-Sep-2013 03:10   in response to: Manxman in response to: Manxman

Yes, those are the default settings, and I find that choice somewhat perverse, since it leads to mysteries like the one you encountered. Glad the fix was easy. :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums