This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 11 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Sep-2013 17:43 Last Post By: eMenthal
Saturdaysoftware

MP4 and Video function in version 11
Posted: 28-Mar-2013 17:29

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I installed version 11 and tried the video option. JALBUM does convert the video and I do get a thumbnail. When I click on the thumbnail, I get a messagebox that wants me to download the video. If I press ok, the video is downloaded and shown in a new window and not in my FOTOPLAYER skin.

The skin developer says that video should work with his template. So what am I doing wrong?
RobM

Re: MP4 and Video function in version 11
Posted: 28-Mar-2013 18:36   in response to: Saturdaysoftware in response to: Saturdaysoftware

Is this the web page http://www.sonnabend-edv.de/-BILDER-DOODLE/? I can't see it as I'm using an iPad. However, if you could provide more information someone may be able to help. For example, details on the movie file, original format, size, the specific web page if not above.

Do you want this moving to the Fotoplayer forum?
davidekholm

Posted: 28-Mar-2013 18:40   in response to: Saturdaysoftware in response to: Saturdaysoftware

I suspect that FotoPlayer doesn't supply an embedded video player like the Turtle and Base skins do today. I move this to the FotoPlayer forum so the author can comment.
Saturdaysoftware

Posted: 28-Mar-2013 19:56   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

This is the link: http://www.sonnabend-edv.de/-BILDER-DOODLE/
and I uploaded the "problem". I tried it in the preview before, behaves the same way.

The template supports FLV and that is what I dragged into JALBUM. Looks like JALBUM converts anything I throw at it to a MP4. That seems to be the problem, as the template does not seem to support that.

Any ideas??
RobM

Posted: 28-Mar-2013 20:29   in response to: Saturdaysoftware in response to: Saturdaysoftware
Helpful
Go to Settings: Preferences: and turn Video support to off.
Saturdaysoftware

Posted: 28-Mar-2013 20:56   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Wow, that sure helped a lot!!! I just renamed my MP4 to FLV and of I went.

Had to create a thumb manually (By default, FotoPlayer will use standard SWF, FLV thumbnails. If you want to use custom thumbnails, create a snapshot of the video and save it in .thm format ( you can first create in jpg and then rename the file extension to .thm). Now copy the .thm file to the JAlbum image directory along with your video. Example : for video.flv, create video.thm in the same folder.), but look at me now.

So now I have to pester the developer to add MP4 functionality to the FOTOPLAYER template, right?

Thanks a lot for your tip, I would NEVER have thought to handle it like that!!!!!!
Saturdaysoftware

Posted: 29-Mar-2013 10:19   in response to: Saturdaysoftware in response to: Saturdaysoftware

How is that for good support? I asked the developer of FOTOPLAYER about the problem yesterday and today I got a fix. I obviously picked the right template and developer. ;-)

FOTOPLAYER can be added to the list that support video in JALBUM 11!

Thank you Dhina for your fast response!
goetz47

Posted: 25-Apr-2013 19:19   in response to: Saturdaysoftware in response to: Saturdaysoftware

Please, could you tell us, what the fast response of Dhina was? I am very interested, because in the meanwhile I have reinstralled JA V.10, although I had bought the V.11.
Saturdaysoftware

Posted: 25-Apr-2013 20:20   in response to: goetz47 in response to: goetz47

You should check the developers website.
andy4home

Posted: 12-May-2013 06:56   in response to: Saturdaysoftware in response to: Saturdaysoftware

I have the exact same problem... could you please provide a link to solution.

Many Thanks.
RobM

Posted: 12-May-2013 18:12   in response to: andy4home in response to: andy4home

eMenthal

Posted: 18-Sep-2013 17:43   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Hello, i did not find any information on how to solve this issue. Can you please post the solution here? Thank you very much.

Jorge
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums