Home » jAlbum forums » Skins, Plugins, and Tools » Boxer

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Aug-2011 01:07 Last Post By: jimberry
Styleflyer

How to get Boxer look like this ?
Posted: 17-Jul-2011 01:54

Click to reply to this thread Reply
http://www.rodneyelwick.com/

love this style.

theres no fix number of thumbnails, it depends on the windows size but i can´t find any option for that !?

thx styleflyer
alan927

Re: How to get Boxer look like this ?
Posted: 17-Jul-2011 04:08   in response to: Styleflyer in response to: Styleflyer

Wow! That's an awesome example of a site using the Boxer skin!

But... the person who created that page has customized the skin extensively to meet their needs. What they've done is to take out the nested table structure and just show thumbnails in an unstructured format. By doing so the browser controls how many thumbnails are shown per line based on the size of the thumbs and the browser's width, so as the size of the browser window changes the thumbs move dynamically.

Obviously the person who did this knows a lot about HTML, because it would have taken a lot of work to do it (there's no option to enable this type of display in the skin natively). I'm impressed with the result, though!
Styleflyer

Posted: 17-Jul-2011 20:53   in response to: alan927 in response to: alan927

ok i think it´s not really tricky if i´m right.
Some littel changes in the thema file could do this if i´m right. I´ll give this a try
Styleflyer

Posted: 17-Jul-2011 21:05   in response to: Styleflyer in response to: Styleflyer

ok, simply removing one line from Boxers index.htt does that effect.
mumvideo

Posted: 17-Jul-2011 23:30   in response to: Styleflyer in response to: Styleflyer

Which line...

I'd be interested in doing a little experimentation along these lines for my site.

• DSW
Styleflyer

Posted: 17-Jul-2011 23:37   in response to: Styleflyer in response to: Styleflyer

remove

<CENTER><TABLE width="$tableWidth" cellspacing="$tableCellSpacing">

for index.htt (Themefiles not exportet album!)

but be carefull some settings in Boxersetting break the design. Don´t now why.. with the defaul settings it works fine
mumvideo

Posted: 18-Jul-2011 01:17   in response to: Styleflyer in response to: Styleflyer

Tried it but it didn't work, although I have made some slight modifications to the htt file in question already. I'll keep poking away anyway to see if I can make it work.

• DSW
alan927

Posted: 18-Jul-2011 01:31   in response to: Styleflyer in response to: Styleflyer

Styleflyer wrote:
remove

While this may appear to work, there are still a lot of other table-related tags that need to be removed as well. If you don't remove everything table-related you risk confusing the browser, and different browsers would likely render the partial data differently.
jimberry

Posted: 07-Aug-2011 14:37   in response to: Styleflyer in response to: Styleflyer

Styleflyer wrote:
remove

Also, it is not generally a good idea to edit the generated album, because you would then need to make the changes to every page.
It is much safer to edit (once only) the slide.htt and/or index.htt templates (which I think you are referring to as "Themefiles") and regenerate and republish the album - that will considerably reduce the effort required.
mumvideo

Posted: 07-Aug-2011 18:16   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

I still wouldn't mind seeing the altered slide.htt and index.htt files so that I could make an assessment about whether it would be a viable option for what I use boxer for.

• DSW
jimberry

Posted: 08-Aug-2011 01:07   in response to: mumvideo in response to: mumvideo

Attachment index.htt (15,4 KB)
For Boxer you don't need a slide.htt file.
The attached index.htt has not been thoroughly tested but seems to work OK for basic default settings.
The required CSS rules for floating the thumbnails is included in the <head> element.
I would suggest copying the Boxer skin to a new folder before editing.
Called, perhaps, "BoxerFloat" so that the original boxer skin is not touched.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums