Home » jAlbum forums » jAlbum Instant beta

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Apr-2011 13:53 Last Post By: dr-m
mrag

Using jAlbum Instant
Posted: 04-Apr-2011 16:46

Click to reply to this thread Reply
(using XP that was just turned on). I select an image and right click. I am given ONE option: "sign in AND upload 1 photo."

I do not want to upload the photo as is, I want to 'reduce' it in size first and then upload it. But as soon as I sign in (and wait and wait not knowing if anything is working), the program starts uploading. I do not get a chance to select a reduced size on that first upload.

Now that I am signed in and have uploaded at least one photo, I can go back select other photos and have options such as "faster uploads with quality reduction and rescale," but I do not get that starting out and that seems wrong.
dr-m

Re: Using jAlbum Instant
Posted: 05-Apr-2011 09:52   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag

It does remember the setting of size reduction from last time used, but I see your point. A workaround would be just start it up to sign in, and cancel the first thing that follows the login. That way you won't upload anything, but the program will still remain signed in for a while. Once logged in, you can enable/disable the option on the menu by right clicking again. But that's not very intuitive.

I can't remember right now why the forum and reduce option are hidden when not signed in, hopefully I had a good reason for it back then.. It sounds like something to fix for the next version anyway.
mrag

Posted: 06-Apr-2011 14:04   in response to: dr-m in response to: dr-m

It does remember the setting of size reduction from last time used
I assume this does NOT mean the reduction setting is checked even after I sign out.

The 'cancel' after sign in works well enough, but as you say, not very intuitive.

I wonder if you can check to see if I am already logged in to the 'normal jAlbum forum' so I don't have to log in at all. Obviously a potential problem if you share a computer, but otherwise... Just a thought.
dr-m

Posted: 11-Apr-2011 13:53   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag

Oh it remembers the setting permanently, it's stored per Windows user.

In theory I think it could do what you mean, as detecting if some browser window is running a jalbum session for the forum. But in practice, it would be just too much work.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums